Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Review : Dizzy by Nyrae Dawn & Jolene Perry


Dylan doesn’t do relationships. He and his older brother watched their dad go through hell and back, so they made a pact years ago—no girl would come between the Gibson boys. But his brother sells out. He's getting married anyway. To the sister of a chick Dylan met at a party, who's probably the angriest girl he's ever met. Unfortunately, she happens to be hot, too.

Ziah’s life is upside down—her safe boyfriend turns out to be not-so-safe, and now her sister is getting married before college is over to the older brother of a spoiled, party boy who drives her crazy. And also makes her heart beat too fast.

There’s no denying the attraction, but there's also no denying how much they irritate each other. When they’re thrown together as forced wedding planners, they find an ally in each other--neither wants this wedding to happen.

But instead of putting a stop to the crazy nuptials they find themselves at fittings and cake testing. And maybe even…a few dates?
Dizzy is a novel about what happens when two people who are determined not to fall in love, maybe do anyway. Maybe.


My Review:

     This is my very first book from Nyrae Dawn ( and co-author  Jolene Perry) and what can I say? It was a funny, easy to love kind of a story! And the characters,  both Ziah and Dylan are quite ... unforgettable and lovable pair!  
      I love their first meeting... and again, not my typical first meeting!  If there's  love at first sight? Their's ?! Hate at first sight! Who would  love to  be the recipient of "The Look" ?! Yes, that's what Dylan get from the super annoyed Ziah at his very own party! And who would be so happy if beer is spilled over your favorite white shirt? Ziah is definitely NOT happy about it.  Talking about making a good first impression here! Tsk.. tsk.. tsk!  That's super  hot -spoiled-party boy Dylan meeting angry-girl Ziah! Looks like disaster but no... it's just the beginning! Though they seem to not stand one another, deep down, in an unexplained way.. both find each other... attractive. ( though both would rather be caught dead than to admit! ) 
    If destiny decided to play...well, this one's well played! And these two are the unsuspecting victims! When Dylan's older brother, Derrick got engage to Ziah's older sister , Lora ... their paths crossed again. And they are not so happy about it! And to make matter worse.. Both Dylan and Ziah are assigned to be the wedding planners! How can they coordinate when they can stand being together? 
    Forced to be together  with no choice.. they stick together and slowly ..gruesomely .. with a lot of snark and constant banters,  which  is super funny! Dylan and Ziah are both caught off guard of this "new feelings" they have for each other.  I love love  reading Dylan's thought! I can't help but smile and chuckle at the same time.  It was so amusing to get inside  a guy's head ... both Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry did a great job!  Here's one of my favorites:

"Awkward silence, and then she reaches for me. Holy crap, she’s going to kiss me! Hanes is totally about to kiss me! Mayday, mayday! I don’t think I want her to kiss me. Her arms wrap around me, and it’s totally a hug. I don’t know if I’m glad or disappointed." 
     
    It is not just funny... it's hilarious! And I can even picture out how  Dylan looks like at that  very moment!  And their first kiss?  Oh. there's a lot going on.. specially in Dylan's mind! (again!)  And then he is thinking of his dad, his brother.. and his mom?  while kissing?! I can't restrain my laughter!  HE must be very confused!

    I enjoyed every chapter of this book. It's  such an easy read till the end. And the ending, falls perfectly into my "Happily-ever-after" category which really works for me!  

    The collaboration between N. Dawn and J. Perry is awesome.  I'm looking forward for more from them in the future! 

       And I have the perfect song for  Ziah and Dylan! Here's the  link:



     My Verdict:  3 wonderful swoony stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment