Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

  From Goodreads: 

       Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

      Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

      Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

      The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

     But then everything changes…

     I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

      No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


                                     My Review:



      Straight from Obsidian, I grabbed Onyx as fast as a Luxen's speed! Yes! Maybe, I got a little trace from Daemon?! Or we are now connected ?! Keep on dreaming I said to myself! And you can't blame me... I want this .. *pointing Daemon* to myself!


     Well, Katy felt that.  After their alien mojo connection ,Katy wanted Daemon sooo bad that every living cell inside her body screams for Daemon!! Though she tried to deny and even suppress it in every possible way, she can't stay away from him. All she wanted is a normal teenage "love life" .. to experience what every normal teenage girl wants... A normal date with the cliche flowers, romantic corny words she often read in her books...and a normal kiss?! True, that kisses are meant to curl your toes and electrifying..but not literally speaking! Kissing Daemon is something else. It usually ends up with freaky electrical malfunctions like exploding light bulbs.. and computers getting fried! And he still make a mantra of annoying her. All the time.
      
     And somehow their connection morphed Katy into something else! When Daemon healed her on the night they fought with an Arum, some of his energy/source/power was  literally transferred . This freaked out Katy! She can move.. and mostly destroy things.. break glasses , windows.. meaning, she has "uncontrolled"
powers! Sounds really stressful! But for me... it's... romantic. *sigh* I think their connection ... makes them one.. hearts beating as one.. like they are somewhat different but the same? I know.. I know.. now I'm not making sense! Daemon turn me into *pointing to myself* like this!


     Then a new guy came into the picture.. Blake, the new student from Florida. Sandy hair, cute..and looks like a normal teenage boy.. just as Katy thinks she needs. A normal teenage boy! Normal? Questionable. A perfect distraction? Perhaps. But not when there is a hovering crazy-possessive jealous Daemon around! I find it super funny when Daemon keep on missing Blake's name, imagine , he even calls him Bilbo ? Flake?! LOL.

      Katy's stress level went berserk! With these two guys constantly  on each other's throats plus the DOD is getting suspicious , hence , suddenly becomes visible.. Katy is so scared of exposing Daemon ..and now equally scared for herself , for what she has become. She is now forced to be entwined to the dangers that awaits Daemon's Kind .

    This is the second book I read from J.L. Armentrout, and  what can I say? I love it! For me it has the perfect mix.. romance , comedy ,action and adventure in equally perfect parts. I never got bored. It's like watching a movie ...only that I'm reading it straight from the book! And I can even feel my foot  kicking during action sequels! Yes, like I can see, feel it ... in 3D!!
  
    And the ending? Again, J.L. Armentrout  reveals something that will definitely make you more curious to read the next book!

                                      My Verdict:
                              4 action packed stars!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment