Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Review: Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase

 
From Goodreads:

Samantha Rousseau is used to getting her hands dirty. Working toward a master’s degree in wildlife biology while helping take care of her sick father, she has no time for celebrity gossip, designer clothes, or lazy vacations. So when a duchess from the small country of Lilaria invites her to dinner, Samantha assumes it’s to discuss a donation for the program. The truth will change the course of her life in ways she never dreamed.

Alex D’Lynsal is trying to keep his name clean. As crown prince of Lilaria, he’s had his share of scandalous headlines, but the latest pictures have sent him packing to America and forced him to swear off women—especially women in the public eye. That is, until he meets Samantha Rousseau. She’s stubborn, feisty, and incredibly sexy. Not to mention heiress to an estate in his country, which makes her everyone’s front-page news.

While Sam tries to navigate the new world of politics and wealth, she will also have to dodge her growing feelings for Alex. Giving in to them means more than just falling in love; it would mean accepting the weight of an entire country on her shoulders

                                   My Review:

    I've been browsing  my library for a sweet , swoony light read and this pretty cover caught my eye! ( Actually it's the little tiara she is wearing! )  I've always been fascinated with fairytale-like.. princess stories. Suddenly Royal does have the Cinderella feel in it.
    Reading  several  pages, I instantly like Samantha Rousseau . She is a loving, caring daughter ...a dedicated  Biology graduate student whose passionate about taking care of birds and a good friend to her room mates . Little that she knows that her seems ordinary life would soon be change drastically when the Duchess of Lilaria went to visit her University ...and personally invited her for a dinner.
   Upon meeting the Duchess, Sam never ever even in her dreams expected to hear a revelation about who she is! That she is the long lost princess they are looking for! Moreover, she is a Duchess?! Sam's world turned 360 degrees. She certainly cannot believe it! Is she dreaming? Probably not! When she can't help but  notice Prince Alex D'Lynsal a.k.a Prince Yummy's  admiring and amused eyes on her! Oh. Yes. Fairy tales won't be complete without  a Prince! And this one ..really lived to his name as Prince Yummy!!!! He is adorably gorgeous!  And can make Sam blush in all kinds of red! I get this look when I think of  him!

     With the media constantly on her tail. Her life will never be normal again . Plus her  step dad is battling cancer that when she was offered  a better healthcare facility in Lilaria, she never hesitated to accept it all...including the reinstatement of her title as Duchess! And to be one of the Queen's council, this is sure one the biggest responsibility she has to face. Of course, she is freaking out! Who wouldn't ?! But then, she has to think what's better for her step dad... and Uhmmm, she wants to be with Prince Yummy too! Who swore to be there for her... and not throw her to the wolves!  Can she trust him?  When... he's quite a Ladies' man? Her logical mind says it's a bad idea... but her body had other ideas! She longed to be near Alex ...and his intoxicating kisses makes her entire body weak!
     I used to think that kissing under the rain is the most romantic kiss ever. I was wrong!  When Alex almost kissed Sam with great books all over in a bookstore... I was blown! It was uber romantic! Gah!!!! Not to mention he gave Sam a Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen book ...the original 2nd Edition?! How wonderful is that?! Now, I'm desperately praying for a prince of my own!
     And I love how they slowly torture each other. It was no secret that they DESPERATELY want to kiss each other ! Hello?! It's clearly written all over their faces in BOLD letters! It was Sam who's prolonging the agony by her NO kissing policy with prince Yummy! I want to strangle her.. really! So what's Prince Yummy's next move? He tease and teased Sam! And here's the catch: He will never kiss her again unless she ask him to! Now, that's what I call, Giving Sam the taste of her own medicine! Haha.  Swony. swoony. swoony!
 
     When they finally gave in... just imagine, clothes everywhere... hurried kisses! I can almost feel their desperation to touch.. to be close ..  the hot kisses... and the bedroom talks?! I was surprised and amused that those words came from a royal mouth!  Not something from my Disney fairy tales! Alex definitely gave Sam the "Royal treatment" in bed! Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

      I love how strong Sam has become, fulfilling her duty as Duchess in a short span of time, bravely facing the adversaries of being in the public eye and adopt changes her new life has to offer.

     This book reminds me of  The princess Diaries which I love! And it has the swoony moments  I always crave! And the ending? It was the HEA I ever wanted . And yes !  Fairy tales are real.

                    “I like it when you’re naughty, Prince Yummy”
                              “Hold on to your tiara, Duchess.”



                                      My Verdict:
                  4 Royal swoony stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment