Monday, May 6, 2013

My Review: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

     
From Goodreads:

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things. 

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?


                        My Review:


     This has been one of my most anticipated book releases for this year. And I can say that I literally jumped up and down when I finally grabbed a copy! I longed and thirsted for Kaidan Rowe! When I finished reading Sweet Evil , I was crushed when I learned that I have to wait for the sequel for months! So now... it's finally in my hands and I'm reading it... I feel giddy ... and it feels surreal!


     After almost risking their lives at the summit conference, Kai and Ana was forced to part ways for their safety. And with of them under the watchful eyes of the demons, they have no choice but do what they are supposed to do. The once super innocent Anna became the popular "party girl" and Kaidan continues promoting Lust. Being apart and nearly losing contact from Kai, Anna with her growing feelings ... misses him so much! And I terribly miss Kai too! And I was beginning to feel cranky that so many pages have passed .. still no sign of Kaidan??? Where.. Where's Kaidan?! Maybe, Ms. Wendy Higgins forgot that he's part of the book? I was close to having my panic attack , but at last Kaidan showed up! Talking about building too much anticipation...clearly, Ms. Higgins knows how to do it!
  
     Their first meeting was nothing I've expected.. yes , there's the long can't look anywhere stare.. which made me squeal yippee! But when Kaidan told Anna she's not for him.. my world crushed! Nooooooo! He turned down Anna? I can't believe it. Anna can't believe it either.
     Anna's world has bigger problems than her complicated love life... specially when a huge prophecy was revealed to her. She is the Nephilim that will be the bridge that will  provide the fallen angels with a second chance.  Such a heavy task and a burden to carry. Is she ready for this? 

    So , almost half of the book Anna is traveling almost across the world ( and it's giving me jet lag , really!) , with Kopano to gather allies as instructed by her dad. Being with the handsome, attractive .. Celibate? Kopano did not really help at all when clearly Kopano has been "crush-ing" over sweet Anna! And I was so frustrated when Anna kiss him back when he tried to kiss her! I am team Kaidan clearly! It was a mistake and I'm glad Anna realizes it . Because nothing compares to Kaidan's Kiss. Period.

    And talking about the highly much anticipated kiss... It was .. WOW!!! I can't even put words to describe it. Yes, their kiss from book 1 is hot... but this one? off the charts HOTTER!!! *fanning myself!* The kiss started really painstakingly , toe curling slow to INTENSE kisses for hours! Yes, HOURS!!! Like the entire chapter! Yipeeeee!! All the "about boredom" previous chapters went Poof! Gone. I always love how Ms. Higgins wrote / describe  the kisses, it always make me sigh with a dreamy look in my eyes. It was  always perfect! And one of my favorite moments!




     Aside from the kiss,  I love Anna's innocent "little strip tease" number at the pool! It's like saying, "You want a piece of me Kaidan? Come and get it! " Kaidan actually GROWL!!! It must be the sweetest torture for him and  my first time to see Anna a little bolder?  Way to go, Anna!!!  *clapping!*

    I also like that there are more action on this book. From the almost helpless Anna  I have known from Sweet Evil, to a butt- kicking , knife throwing Anna. I love the transformation.  And I think, both her, Kai and the other ally Nephs will definitely be an awesome butt-kicking team!

   The ending? Thank goodness , it's a cliffhanger my heart can totally handle! It definitely gave me something to look forward to! More action.. adventure... and steamier kisses from Kai and Anna! *excited!* I'll start counting the days ... probably months for Sweet Reckoning... and believe me, it would be worth the wait!

    " Traveling the world in search of possible hostile Neph and eluding murderous Dukes seemed like a piece of cake in comparison to trying to be a good girl in the arms of Kaidan Rowe.
      God give me strength. "

                     My verdict? 
                 4 sweetest swoony stars!







No comments:

Post a Comment