Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My review : Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is


                                                                                    My Review:



     When Katy and her Mom moved to West Virginia after her Dad  died, she was not expecting that her so predictable - almost - sleepy -boring life will be awaken.  Nor did she expected to be neighbors with Daemon Black.

    Who is Daemon Black?


"Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys.”   
     That's Daemon Black.

      How can I start writing this review without doing some SERIOUS fangirling?!  I want to talk about Daemon ALL day and ALL night!!!  Okay, Calm down... trying to breathe slowly...calm down myself. Daemon Black. Noooo..
I'm hyperventilating again!




       Though  Katy find her new neighbor super infuriating , calls him a douche-bag and all the terms synonymous to annoying ... she can't help but STARE... drool and want this green eyed god  who  puts H to Hotness... and G to Gorgeous. But again she thinks he Hates her! 

      I love the constant exchange of  snide remarks  between them. And Katy can surely know how to counter attack verbally! That , I think comes from the fact that she loves to read a lot! So, if it comes from being an expert with words.. Katy is my girl!    I love that she is feisty and doesn't take a crap when provoked. 

      Then she met Daemon's twin sister, Dee who is nothing but adorable , sweet and wants to be her friend.. which is good. But not to Daemon. He does not even want her to be near her sister! Overprotective brother is such an understatement! Again, this did not  stop headstrong Katy!

     When Daemon was "forced" to hang with her . Thanks for Dee's ingenious idea of hiding his keys ! Katy noticed that Daemon is different.. and strange. How can he stay underwater for too long? How can he move so fast? And he fades? And the light?  Where did it came from?  That is totally not normal! Because Daemon is not even human!  He is a Luxen... an Alien ( with superpowers! ) And I can't help but to picture out Superman!  Ehem!  Not the green , creepy ones, thankfully! 




      And then more strange things happened, like someone now is after her? After almost being killed by a crazy stranger ( Luckily there's Daemon to the rescue! ), Katy became more curious than cautious. Why are all these happening? Simple. Daemon left a trace on her. Now to make things complicated and a lot dangerous for Katy, the Arums  are after Daemon's kind... if they got Katy first! Now, Daemon is bound to protect her. Or was it Katy who saved him?  

     And I love , love  their first kiss! It was literally intense! Like bulbs exploding ?! Woooow!!! I was breathless till the last minute! 

     Overall, I love it!  The ending left me  with longing to know what's next for this unlikely duo. Now that they are somewhat connected .. like their heart beat as one.. I can't help but be excited! Something really big was bound to happen next!  And I can't wait! 
  

                                                                                        My verdict: 
                                 
                                       4 brightest stars!











No comments:

Post a Comment