Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Review : Because of Low by Abbi Glines

Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)    
From Goodreads:

Marcus Hardy had hoped to enjoy a year away at college while he put the summer he’d rather forget behind him. But instead, he’s jerked right back to the coastal town of Sea Breeze, Alabama due to a family crisis. His dear ol' dad found himself a girlfriend only a few years older than Marcus. So now his sister needs help dealing with their mother who is mentally falling apart. The only bright spot to returning is the fascinating red head who sleeps over several times a week. The problem is she's sleeping in bed with his new roommate, Cage York. 

Willow “Low” Foster needs a place to live. Running to Cage’s apartment every time her sister kicks her out isn’t exactly a long term solution. Juggling her courses at the local community college and a part time job doesn’t produce excess income. But Cage has a new roommate and suddenly sleeping over at her best friend’s apartment isn’t such a bad thing. Not when she gets to see those sexy green eyes of Marcus Hardy’s twinkle when he smiles at her like he wants her there. 
Even though Cage seems a little territorial where Low is concerned, Marcus finds time to spend with Low without upsetting his roommate. Cage may use his small college baseball star persona to sleep with every hot female in his path but he’s still under the disillusion that when he’s through sowing his wild oats, he’s going to marry Low. Marcus intends to change that assumption for both Cage and Low. Until his carefully laid plans come crashing down with a revelation he never expected. He’ll have to choose between Low or his family. Because once the truth comes out.... there’s no other choice.


                              My thoughts:

       What would you do if you just met the most amazing, irresistible girl .. only to found out that your douche bag , sleep around room mate  is going to marry her? Ouch. Major sucks. That happened to Marcus Brady when she met  the teary eyed, red head, beautiful girl  Willow outside his apartment. Oh how he wish she was just  his room mate , Cage sister! But not. Sigh. He knows Cage well, screwing different girls .. and someone who doesn't deserve the sweet Willow. Oh. Suddenly, our Marcus unleash his protective self! And he was drawn to her.
 
    Meet Willow or Low , she may be innocent and sweet  but she is also tough and independent. So how did she ended up in Cage and Marcus apartment? In Cage's bedroom? Well, it seems that our poor Low here has nowhere to go. She has her irresponsible sister, Tawny who always ditches her. And Cage's the one who seen her go through this mess...and somehow takes care of her. Yes. They live together...but not that "lived together"... no they never sleep together, so Cage sleeps / fools around somewhere else. Oh. yeah. If Low can put a Facebook status, it will be "In relationship , but it's complicated!"

    Meet Marcus, he is one of the interesting characters from Breathe ( Book 1 of this series ) and I'm glad to be finally reading his story. Marcus is protective to all those he cared for.  He loves his family. And it broke his heart when he learned that his family is breaking apart.  His philandering Dad... his Mom and sister was greatly affected. I love it when Marcus tried fixing things. And the way he comforts his Mom and sister is so admirable.

    Low needs to be taken care and Marcus wants to protect her. So, it looks like Marcus and Low are both perfect for each other? Well,  of course there will always be "but's" and "only if's" in the world! Low clearly wants Marcus... BUT she feels like she is way out of his league?! See and feel the insecurities here? Ugh. What's with this, I want him--but 's??!! And whenever she sees Marcus with another girl ( like just talking? ), she runs away like a jealous teenager?! Ugh. I mean, I like Low... but this kind of Low? I am a little disappointed. Tsk. tsk.


        Living under the same roof, these two got to know each other... so is the attraction has grown stronger.  I always love how Abbi Glines writes every swoony moments . And the kiss , always makes me a little breathless.
 
      “I really like your dimples,” he whispered.
       The heat rose up my neck so fast and flooded my face I knew I had to look like a red berry. I hated my fair skin.”...

       “I’m not done here. I’m just beginning Low. But I couldn't walk away again without that kiss.”...

       “Marcus Hardy was straight out of those gushy romance novels my mother used to read.”...

        See? That's only a few quotes from the book! Abbi Glines' swoony lines is so addictive! ( Proven and Tested! )   

         And..Marcus Hardy? What's not to love? He was the sweetest!  And admit it!  We girls like our man  all protective?! ..and cooks us breakfast? ..and even calls his Mother ... Mama? What a sweetheart!  Even  Low's little niece Larissa adores him! And I ADORE him! ( Like Winnie the Pooh adores his honey! haha! ) SWEEEEEET!!!!


     And just as everything goes well with these couple, circumstances went against them. I got my suspicions that this was going to happen. And when it does, oh my! It shattered both Marcus and Low! Specially on Marcus, when he thinks that he's been played around. Like all along, Low knew all of this?! Poor Low having to endure it all. It shattered me.. *sobs! I'm really rooting for these two, you know.

    Of course , when Marcus finally realized his mistake... here comes lover boy running with his heart out to Low... and I expect the kiss and make up moment right away ...  but not! Oh, Abbi Glines really knows how to hold the suspense! Love love it!

  
“And you did leave me. But... but you came back. No one’s ever come back. They leave me and that’s it. They want to leave me. You didn't. And you came back.”

“Yes, I came back. My heart never left you.”


      I love the ending. It's sweet and for me, the perfect Happily-Ever-After for both Marcus and Low. If you want a light, swoony book that will leave you smiling and giddy after reading it ..  this book is definitely for you!

                
My Playlist:

The Little Things by Colbie Caillat



Out of my League by Stephen Speaks





           And I'm giving it:

                           4 Swoony , Giddy Stars! 






 
 
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment