Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Review: Frigid by J. Lynn

Frigid (Frigid, #1)
From Goodreads:

For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love. 

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have. 

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

                              My Thoughts:

     All throughout Sydney's life she  been  secretly loving his playboy bestfriend Kyler.  Like she been saving herself and hoping that Kyler see her in a different light one day. But look at Kyler?  Jumping from girl to another girl like it's the most natural thing in the world?! Clearly spells Man-whore to me?! Ugh. Okay, okay Kyler is drop-your-panties hot gorgeous. No further dispute about that. But he seems to project a douche-chy  persona?! And just imagine, Syd endured all of these?! Witnessing how he lures the entire female population... BUT NEVER  her!!  ...Sydney, girl, I think you've  been FRIEND-ZONED big time! Tsk. tsk.

“No one could replace me in his life. I knew that. I was the friend who knew everything about him and whom he trusted above everyone else.
I was Kyler’s best friend.
And because of that, he would never love me the way I loved him.”

“It had to stay that way, because I knew that, if Kyler discovered how I truly felt, our friendship would be over in a heartbeat.”

    I feel sorry for Syd... it must really be hard to be in her shoes.  But, Hey! Kyler?! Why this friendzone?! Look at Sydney... she is sweet, naive at times  ...and the only person who can understand you!   
 
    Sure, Kyler is always there for her and most of the time becoming the overprotective big brother?! Like no guys can go near Syd?! Yet he can bang any girl within his radius?!  Ugh! Phuuuuuleeeezzz!   This is so not helping! And  it cost me, a few frowns and  grunts with my hands up on air  like, I surrender! This is hopeless! 


   So, why Kyler? I want to ask him.. really?! Apparently,  he puts Sydney way above the pedestal. That's right, for him Sydney is the "Hands off --Off-limits" to the likes of him.  Yes, I'm sure he is aware of his "douche-bag-ness"?  ( Go figure! *rolls my eyes!)  Arrrrrgh! I'm soooo done with this "I can't have you-your'e too good for me drama" ?!

     So, back to the story as I try ( very hard! ) not to roll my eyes. (again! ) On their way to their ski trip, a snow storm came ( perfect timing! ) ...and yes, Kyler and Sydney are trapped  at  Kyler's family ski resort... alone ..just the two of them! The lion and the gazelle  together-together in the middle of a super snow storm?! Will the lion devour the gazelle or will the gazelle wait  and make the ultimate sacrifice ...herself? Hmmmm... now this becomes pretty interesting!

     Left stranded ...together they are confronted with what they really feel..what was long buried, the desire suddenly unleashed! And boy!  when it finally happened, it was Hot hot hot ! Like they don't need a freaking fireplace! J. Lynn can surely write a steamy scene that can make global warming come  a little earlier! Hah! And Kyler, has the perfect "moves" that can make even a frigid girl melt her butter! LOL.  I love when Kyler "educate" Syd in the most delicious way. Now, I'm fanning myself...vigorously!!  And not only Kyler knows how to move the moves... talk the talks.. but he really showed Syd that she was not just another one-night-stands. The dancing...Slow, slow kisses...Kyler playing his guitar for me ?!  Yeah! Keep on dreaming  I told myself! ---> This , I've been imagining the whole time!  Awwww! Can I swoon and drool at the same time ? 

      Hmmmm.. Sounds like a happy ending? Well, not this soon ! And never this easy! As Kyler  attracts women... considering his wild..uhmm, carefree past...trouble comes around. And again, there's the evil  jealousy lurking around. With both their insecurities... Syd's not trusting Kyler and Kyler's "I don't deserved Sydney" ?! Oh boy, here we go again! (Rolls my eyes!)  
      
    The ending is good.  Though , it did not wowed me that much,  but still it has the happily ever after that's good enough to make me swoon ... plus I love J. Lynn!  ( so, I'm a little biased?! LOL.) 

“I’ve loved you my entire life,” he said, eyes locked on mine. “And I would love you for the rest of my life if you’d let me, Syd.”

    Overall, it was a  sweet romance with a lot of funny moments  and do I have to mention ( again! ) a lot of steamy moments  which I immensely enjoyed. If  you want to read something about friendzone turned  into "steamy-zone" with just enough awkwardness ...a few eye rolling ... and drooling?! ( I'm referring to Kyler's  abs!  RAWR! ) --- go grab this book !  


                  My Playlist:

"Tonight" by John Legend ft. Ludacris http://youtu.be/iXvy8ZeCs5M


     

"Climax" by Usher http://youtu.be/nNTyfVh3nmU





           I'm giving this book:

           3 Delicious Sweet Icy stars! 
     


    

   












2 comments:

  1. I'd love to be trapped with a hot guy during a blizzard! Damn, I wish life really could be so coincidental like that. Love your pics! I haven't read this one, but JLA has a legion of fans :D Glad the steamy scenes were up to par!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I know right? Being trapped with Kyler during a blizzard is my Ultimate wish come true! I surely won't complain about the cold ... Kyler is more than enough! ( to keep me warm ?!) Haha. :P

      Delete