Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Review : Trophy Husband by Lauren Blakely

Trophy Husband    
From Goodreads:
Successful fashion blogger McKenna Bell has spent far too long protecting herself after the way her ex-fiancé left her at the altar for a college chick he met the night of his bachelor party. Loving again, trusting again, well, that's just not in the cards. Especially now that her ex is back in town with his new woman, demanding custody of McKenna's favorite creature in the whole world--her dog.

No effing way. McKenna's had enough of him, and she decides to even the score by finding her own hot young thing -- a Trophy Husband. Sure, she's only twenty-seven, but doesn't that make it even more fun -- and infuriating to her ex -- to pursue a younger man?

When she declares her intentions on her daily blog, her quest quickly skyrockets in popularity, and that's when Chris enters the picture, and he’s got all the assets. He's handsome, successful, and turns her inside out with a kiss to end all kisses, the kind that makes you feel like a shooting star.

But loving again could mean losing again, and it's so much easier to focus on getting even, isn't it? Unless, you just can't help falling in love. Which means McKenna will have to come face to face with what she really wants in life -- protecting her heart from hurt, or letting go of her fears of a new beginning.


                                 My thoughts:

    What happens when on your wedding day, your fiancé...the man you thought  you'll be spending your life forever... left you for another younger girl whom he just met on a bachelor's trip to Vegas? And he just do it by leaving a voice mail on our phone?! Just like that! Looks like fate or whatever you might call it played a cruel joke on you! And who might be the unlucky... poor.. poor recipient of this cruelty? No other than McKenna. Yes, poor... poor McKenna...all my sympathies goes to her. I could not even imagine if that happens to me... I'll either  number  1. kill myself!  or better yet.. number 2 , kill that douche-bag fiancé! ( And I got a million ways on my mind ranging from most painful... to totally gore!) Grrrrrrrr!!! That's way UNACCEPTABLE!!


      Okay... Calm down ..deep breath .. I told myself... Why? I got carried away!!!!  ( It's McKenna's story not mine! LOL. ) "Hell has no wrath like a woman scorned" -- Oh yeah!  Don't get MAD get EVEN! So, what's the best way to get even? Get yourself a TROPHY HUSBAND!

“Maybe a Trophy Husband would never leave me, never hurt me, never make me give up my favorite restaurant in the whole wide world. Maybe a Trophy Husband is precisely the kind of boy who could love a girl forever and ever and then some.”

   With the full support , approval of her sister and bestfriends... and with the help of  her fashion blog ... OPERATION : TROPHY HUSBAND is ON! The qualifications  are ...uhmmm well, very physical  like: must be a young stallion.. oooops! I mean, younger men ,  23 years old something...super good looks and of course ripping, gorgeous, drool worthy hot bod. That's not too much , right?   Of course there are candidates! Let the fun begin!

      
      There's Dave Dybdahl  a.k.a Triple D (What a name??!!! ) ?.. and Steely Dan Duran?! (Is this for real???)  Boy, Ms. Lauren Blakely really knows how to pick up names... Creatively?! It sure does earn a series of laughfest! And the dates? Way interesting and sooooo funny!!! I love how McKenna reacted...well, in her thoughts! This girl really knows how to put fun in her words! It was hilarious! Well, what else could she expect to these eye candies?! But to be just an"eye candy" ?! Where the pecs and abs gets bigger the brain gets a little compromised?! Uh -oh. I guess McKenna wants something more than a feast to the eye?


      Then she met Chris who happens to be a gamer. The Hawaii emerald green eyes... and the well defined arms.. flat stomach... .BAMMMMMMM! Instant crush!!! Yes, McKenna's crushing Chris big time! Not to mention he is witty, funny.... And the cute blushing?! ( I am instantly smitten! ) McKenna can't help but to fantasize ! And when I say fantasize... it involves  a VERY detailed..vivid description not suited for those under 18?! LOL.  But then.. Chris is REALLY a hottie! And  he can think of ways to make a Q bert sooo sexy! ( And I have to say , Chris ... you are sooo wicked! *winks!)  Who happens to be a game blogger ...and a Stanford grad! ...and a software engineer!  Yes.. A total package! ----- and way..way.. Overqualified for a Trophy Husband?!

    When the search for Mr. Trophy Husband  skyrockets in popularity.. more and more candidates / applicants begun to rush in. Which means McKenna  has to keep up with the dating.. lots of dates.. different prospect Trophy Husbands ( eye candy-overload?! ) ... and lots and lots of coffee to give her coffee-overdrive?! Haha!    So, why does our witty McKenna  seems not to be super enjoying herself?  Or let me rephrase it, Why does  our witty McKenna still thinking about Chris? Why??? Because....She is clearly S-M-I-T-T-E-N over this yummy gamer! And more time she spends with him.. the more she falls for him and the more she is  afraid to admit it to herself.  Can she call off  the search for a Trophy Husband ? Have she finally found the love she been waiting for  ? Or the quest for true love is still on?

     This is a super funny read ( that made me laugh  more than I can count! ) but also very endearing. It taught me one thing:   The quest for  finding true love... is never  really a quest...and you never have to look too far when that person is clearly under your pretty nose .. you just know.. and your heart knows best!  Gosh!  My romantic bones are turning mushy again! Thanks to you, Ms. Lauren Blake!


                     My Playlist:

"Game of Love" by Michelle Branch http://youtu.be/Ni7oIaJEwe4


"Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepson http://youtu.be/mdeAsc-A0PM





                          I'm giving this book:

                    4 funny , sexy  Q*bert stars!
     



   


   

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check this one out! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete