Monday, August 12, 2013

My Review: Dirty Red by Tarryn Fisher

Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies, #2)    
From Goodreads:
Dear Opportunist,

You thought you could take him from me, but you lost. Now, that he's mine I'll do anything to keep him. Do you doubt me? I have everything that was supposed to be yours. In case you were wondering; he doesn't ever think about you anymore. I won't let him go....ever.

Dirty Red


Leah Smith finally has everything she has ever wanted. Except she doesn't. Her marriage feels more like a loan than a lifelong commitment, and the image she has worked so hard to build is fraying before her eyes. With a new role and a past full of secrets, Leah must decide how far she is willing to go to keep what she has stolen.


                                      My Review:

    Johanna Leah Smith Drake...the redhead who snatched away Olivia and Caleb's supposed to be Happily Ever after. And yes, this book is all about her.

     She thought she won over Olivia when Caleb Drake chose to marry her?  Rich ,beautiful, manipulative, scheming , Leah. Always wants to get things her way. She had everything. Well, almost everything . But why does she feels like she can't own Caleb's heart?

     Now being Caleb's wife  and a mother ...you'd think that's enough? You think it's perfect? No.. Not to Leah. She is not..and will not be ready for this baby girl to take Caleb's attention from her!  What a selfish little B*tch she is! Oh. my! Did I just swore?!! ( Oh! I want to say many things... that I'm sure my Mom won't approved! Haha. )


     Gosh! I can't believe I am reading this! I hated her the moment she appeared on book 1 ( The Opportunist) ! I can't really control myself but to lash out profanities when I think...And now I'm writing ?!  about her!!! First part of the book,  I seriously wanna do some serious bodily injury to her!  And what kind of  a mother will  throw her two week old baby to a daycare just so she can drink with her so-called girlfriends?! Unbelievable! Just. Unbelievable.  And that's Johanna Leah Drake. I despised her!


    Despite of my strong dislike for this redhead, and a strong desire to stop reading this book ...because I can't stand her!! I did the impossible! I continued reading it! Why??? Because...Ms. Tarryn Fisher, you are so good!!! I was drawn to the best villain on earth! Now , I wanna know what's behind her story. So, now, all I can say is... "Leah, this is the right moment to redeem yourself..."
   Let's go rewind time. Leah clearly had a "not so wonderful childhood". Growing up to a parents who's love and attention is only for her younger sister, Courtney. She had to beg  for their attention. Leah feels unloved. But she adores her sister...Courtney is everything she is not. I was then beginning to understand Leah. And surprisingly, I felt pity for her. It must be hard to be waiting for affection that you knew that can't be yours. She feels like she has to earn everything in a hard way.  

     Even with Caleb, she feels half-loved. She knows deep down that it's always been Olivia. But she won't easily give up the fight. No one can take Caleb away from her. As I read along, I can't help but to admire Leah's tenacity to keep Caleb. She would do anything , everything whether right or wrong to fight for this man to the point of  obsession. She became paranoid and suspicious. Snooping around Caleb's things?! I actually felt sorry for her!  No peace of mind ?! That's more than enough to lose one's sanity! 

“When Caleb looks at her, his eyes shift into a different gear. It’s like he’s seeing the only thing that matters. I am sickly familiar with the way he looks at Olivia, because it is the way I look at him”

“I didn't ask for this life — to be loved second best and to be forced to have a baby. I wanted … I wanted what Olivia had and threw away — someone who adores me even though my insides curl and lash like a poisonous snake”

     Again, I love the way Ms Fisher stirred my emotions! I was furious then saddened, felt pity and then anger. Such two completely opposite emotions I have to handle all throughout the book! When the drama starts.. It keeps on building and building up till I became breathless! It was a roller coaster of powerful emotions!  And I'm in for a ride! 

    I love how the book unfold  a revelation.. I was left with my mouth agape! I'm like what? How could Caleb do that? So harsh ...and so mean!  And it's never been fair to  Leah!


“I feel like such a fool. So used. How could I be so in love with a man that was so willing to deceive me? I feel like a piece of trash, disposable and unwanted”

    The ending ? You thought Leah would just crumble and break? Think. Again. When Caleb drop the "bomb"... Leah have a bigger, more destructive "bomb'" ! And it had  a "DON'T MESS WITH LEAH" written all over it!

“He thought Olivia could hurt him, I’ll hurt him worse. I’ll keep hurting him. And if he goes after her again, I’ll rise up and do everything in my power to keep them apart. Some people never change. I guess I’m one of them.”

   I'm not a fan of a cliffhanger.. but this one was a great cliffhanger!  There 's so much more to look forward to. Specially Leah.  And more reason for me to grab the next book ASAP! 

                            My Playlist:

" Just A Fool" by Christina Aguilera  http://youtu.be/JHb_ps-JtaM

"Stay" by Rihanna http://youtu.be/8t7fLDtgtuE

                          I'm giving this book:
                     4 clingy, won't-let-you-go stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment