Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Review : Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken

Ruin                      
From Goodreads:

I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michals offered to be my light.

I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.

Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.

And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.


                         My Thoughts:

    It all started when the shy freshman  named Kiersten bumped into a tree... A tree?!

      “But trees weren’t warm.

       And they didn’t have one, two, three, four, six, Good Lord, eight? Eight packs? Furthermore, had I actually been feeling said person’s eight pack? And, dear God, I was counting. I had touched each muscle. And great, my hand was still firmly placed against the guy’s stomach”

And it belongs to the most gorgeous guy on earth! Wes Michels !  Oh, I stopped breathing! Really. Stopped. Breathing. Just look at Wes! Breath taking!
    Eeeeeeeeee!!! Fangirl Alert!! The more I looked at him... the more my pulse is racing...and my heart is doing the somersaults!  When his eyes met mine.. I am ruined. And I forgot that I am not Kiersten! Damn! WES! WES!
  Yes! When Wes and Kiersten's eyes met... it was earth shattering ... heart hammering... moment stopped... everything spins... Oh. that I felt!  And when Wes smiled ( that..that panty melting smile?! ) and spoke ( Brit -Scottish accent?! ) I know he is the one! See? Now I totally forgot about Kiersten! Right now, I am Kiersten... and right now I am counting Wes' abs! Haha.

   I love how Ms. Rachel Van Dyken wrote and described her characters! It was...uhmm, visually stimulating!  Just  few pages read, I was actually feeling giddy and excited.. and believe me, I can't tear my eyes off the book. I literally push myself  ( more of my face, actually) into the book!

   Wes had everything. Rich, gorgeous ( no contest about that! ) , a supportive and loving Dad.. and close to finding his one true love? Almost but not everything.  How to  make the most of it when time was never been on his side? Then there is Kiersten. Sweet, shy, innocent Kiersten.  The only girl who (literally) made his heart beat stronger and the reason why every moment counts.


    Kiersten could'nt believe her eyes (or her luck?!) when the popular Wes begun  stalking her. When all the girls at campus were ogling over Wes   ,  Wes here has only set his eyes for Kiersten! I  just love the idea ! Kiersten can't deny her strong attraction for him. There's something about  him that makes her wanna move out from her comfort zone... to go further.. to fully live her life. So, when Wes ask her to make a list ( more like a bucket list?! )  of the things she wants but afraid to do, she accepted it. And then... the swoon moments begun!

“1. Kiss a hot guy. 2. Go skinny dipping. 3. Finish one fruity drink with the little umbrella. 4. Read Pride and Prejudice all the way through. 5. Learn how to swim”
“6. Make two real friends. 7. Get off my antidepressants”
“8. Go bungee jumping. 9. Eat cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving and try to eat a beet. 10. Fall in love. 11. Get heart broken. 12. Fall in love anyway”

  This book was overflowing with swoony-ness! And Wes helping Kiersten complete her list?! Is beyond my imagination!! I would trade anything  ( as in anything! including my soul?! haha. ) just to be in Kiersten's shoes right now! Hell, I would even do the bungee jumping and pee over myself?!  And my favorite thing to do aside from  doing List #1 ( Kiss a hot guy--hello Wes! ) ... was to go skinny dipping!!! with Wess!! If that happens,  I 'll die smiling!

     And their kiss?!  Awwwwwwww!  Do I need say more?!
     
“I’m going to make it so hard for you to forget this first kiss that you don’t want anyone else kissing you ever again. When the guy you fall in love with kisses you — it better put this kiss to shame — if it doesn’t, then he isn’t the right guy”

“Because I’m going to do a damn good job, and I want the guy that earns you, that takes that heart of yours and holds it in the palm of his hands… I want that guy to be able to make you feel things I’ll just be tapping into. Do you understand, Kiersten?”


   I giggled.. cried?! and swooned ( Yes ! in that particular order!)  on every  Wes-Kiersten  moments. It   reminds me of "A walk to remember" by Nicholas Sparks. ( but with a twist! Uh-oh No spoiler this time! ) Sweet..Yes. Heartbreaking. Yes.( Sobs!) Wonderful teary ending? (Yes!)   Totally my favorite! If your'e a sucker for romance like I do, you'll agree with me.
 
  So , if your'e looking for a sweet-swoony kind of  book  that will make your heart beat a little faster.. wished  that time go slower,  believed in miracles..  , pick this book.

" Wherever I am , whatever I'm doing, alive or dead, my heart will always be yours. Every beat you feel against your fingertips ..." His fingers tapped against my chest, once, twice,.. "is me calling out to you. It's you returning the call. It's us talking , communicating, bonding,  sharing, living ---Kiersten, it's us living."


                     My Playlist

      "I don't wanna miss a thing"  by Aerosmith http://youtu.be/Ss0kFNUP4P4

                          I'm giving this book:

                 4 sweetest RUINed Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment