Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Review : Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Origin (Lux Series #4)  
From Goodreads:

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?
                            

                                     My Thoughts:

     My first reaction when I finally got hold of this book:
    YES! I'm so doing the Katy ( Perry ) Dance! haha. Feeling excited is an uderstatement! I can't even put into words how I felt. It was more of  elation or any word closer to that!  Opal left me with MUCH cliffhanger to really drive me nuts! So... Origin here I come... and HELLO there, Daemon Black.. *eyelash fluttering



    First few pages and I already felt Daemon's desperation to save the love of his life Katy. He'll burn the world just to get her?! Wooooooow! That intense? Yeah. Literally. But Daemon can DO ANYTHING , right? Because he is pure AWESOMENESS!

“I was terrified the whole time they had you and I didn’t know where you were. I was scared out of my mind that I would never see you again or get to hold you. And when I did see you? I was afraid I’d never hear you laugh again or see your beautiful smile. So, yeah, I lied. I was terrified. I’m still lying.”

    Oh, the infamous Area 51 was there! It exist?! And a LOT going on in there! ..Daemon, being Daemon Black.. did the unthinkable! What else he'll do if he really wants to be with his Kitten?! Oh. Yeah. There's DANGER written all over it.

   I love everything in this book! If you are looking for an explosive , heart pumping action sequences , you don't have to look far.. it's here! The whole Vegas scene was... beyond words! It's like watching an action movie in 3D! ( Can we ever read a book in 3D?! )  Everything is so alive! I was awestruck! Like Ka-Vooom! Explosion! Guns flying, helicopters and Arum?! It was chaos! I can even smell the smoke ..and the dust?! It was heart stopping. While reading I was ..Oh no! Noooooo!!!  with my eyes wide in terror!

   Yes, I was that carried away! Definitely one of my fave scenes! Wooooooooow!

   Then there's Archer, an Origin...and another one worth checking out. Uh- hmmm.. if you are into the broody types ? the silent but lethal??? Then he's the one. Is he a friend or a foe? Yes, he's an Origin ..another kind? And more powerful than the Luxen and Arum? Whoa! This getting more bizarre. See?!  The more pages I flipped through .. the  more interesting it gets!

  The Daemon-Katy tandem that I loved and adored is still there. Yes, there's always the sexy banters ...and  Daemon  always saying the "L" word to Katy. It was.... swoon! and sweet! ( coming from him?! ) And what happened in Vegas ....stays in Vegas! Yes! Yes! Yes! I need to control my mouth...coz it's definitely a SPOILER! The Kaidan Rowe - Anna Whitt thing?! That's pure ingenious! I love it! ( And I love Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins! ) Definitely a smile-worthy moment!
 
     The ending was a.... What the heck just happened?!  Whatttttttttt on earth?!!!! Noooooooooo! I was panting like I've run a marathon! No..no...no!!! I can't barely breathe...

“I wasn’t sure Daemon even had a choice.
I wasn’t sure I did, either.” ( Katy )    <--------------- These were the last printed words?!!! And ...Nothing more????!  I can't believe it!!! *dumbstruck*


    Sooooo, I was told and  forewarned that this would end up a cliffhanger.   I thought I was prepared? But ...Nooooooooooooooooo!! It was an epic cliffhanger! And I'm in for a wild ride!  I don't think my heart can EVER  handle this?!
     Something REALLY HUGE is about to happen. And hell! I got to be there !! I. NEED. WANT. THE. NEXT. BOOK. ASAP. 


                      My Playlist:

"Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons   http://youtu.be/ktvTqknDobU

"Tiptoe" by Imagine Dragons  http://youtu.be/ajjj4pLnjz8

                    I'm giving this book:
      5 Heart stopping Light speed Luxen Stars!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment