Friday, November 22, 2013

My Review: Greed by Amelie Fisher

Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
From Goodreads:
Gather ‘round, love, because I want you. I want what you have, I want what you don’t have, I want more of what I already have. I want. But if you so much as ask for something in return, go ahead and walk away. Know if you want to play in my world, it’s every man for themselves and the weak become mine. Leeches will be obliterated because I make it my job to destroy them. I protect what’s mine and I take what’s yours…because that’s what I do. I want.

My story will not endear me to you and, frankly, I could care less if it does because I’m in this for the money and nothing else. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a corrupt, money hungry, immoral asshole from Los Angeles. I’m every man’s worst nightmare and every girl’s fantasy.

I’m Spencer Blackwell…And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most coveted guy to the guy no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.

                   My Thoughts:

    After reading Vain, I  instantly become Ms. Amelie Fisher's fan! I think Ms. Fisher was very creative to name her series The Seven Deadly. It was super catchy and makes me wanna read the upcoming series desperately! So, when the second book, Greed was released, I literally jumped  and said, "Finally! It's about time!". Oh, I forgot to mention that the cover is just .... AMAZING! ( Okay..okay... I'm mostly referring to the abs! haha! )  Oh, it's not just anybody's abs.. it is Spencer's!  I was totally "GROOLING" ( Groaning and drooling at the same time! haha! )
    I've always been curious about Spencer Blackwell's story  since book one. And now that "Greed" is all about him? Yes! Spencer's POV!  I couldn't asked  for more! I just can't resist to know what's inside his head.
    Speaking of head , I looked over the book cover once again, and .... Ooops! There's no face? It's all...uhmmm, body! From neck down below...the abs! Haha!  I was distracted once again?! Well, again, I liked the idea. That particular body without a face would definitely make my imagination go overdrive!  Tee-hee! So this is how I imagine Spencer Blackwell:


    First part of the book, we'll meet  Spencer, living on the fast lane ...everything was handed to him , money, drugs, women..all the luxuries in life.. he got everything but feels it's never  enough. He wants everything.  Being his father's "errand guy" doing the dirty works , he was exposed to  blackmailing / ruining others  to gain more.

Greed is a strange, strange sin.

All you want to do is acquire. Acquire money, acquire material, acquire time, acquire energy, acquire attention. The running mantra is “I want, I want, I want” but that quickly turns to “I need, I need, I need.”

“Your goal is to acquire and to make sure what you acquire stays acquired. Your life depends on it”

“Your life no longer belongs to you, but you are blind to it all because those around you are seeking the same.”

“But what you’ll come to realize, altogether too late, is that it’s never enough.”

“It’s simply never enough.”


    Until one incident , he was forced to flee with his pregnant sister, Bridget  to escape his father's wrath and  evil plans. So where to hide but to the secluded Montana ranch ? And that's where Spencer's story begun. That's where Spencer turned from Greedy to the most selfless guy on earth! When I say "selfless", I mean it in the true sense of the word.

    I loved the little community in Hunt Ranch. The way Ms. Fisher described it, their closeness like family ..and the down to earth feel plus the wonderful scenery as described, I just can't help but to feel welcome as they received Spencer and Bridget as one of their own. 

     And what's a great setting without a love story going on? Not complete! Yes, I am a sucker for romance! With Sophie Price totally unavailable ( Yes! She is already with Ian from Book 1!) Spencer was  caught off guard when he  found his heart beating again  to another girl?!  Cricket Hunt. And boy! The ultra suave Spencer was tongue tied ?! What happened  to the Spencer " the smooth operator" ?!  Yes, it was clearly an "intense" love at first sight! 

“My God, I was so attracted to this chick. I couldn't even pin it down to one thing. If you took everything I’d ever found hot, beautiful in a girl and piled them into a corner, you’d get Cricket Hunt...standing in a corner.”

“I looked over at Cricket. I studied the girl before me. She was beautiful beyond belief, but she wasn't some object to conquer, she was someone to be cherished, someone to be loved, someone to be revered”

     See what I mean? He is SMITTEN in bold letters!  I find their moments funny. Even the little flirtations! I caught myself smiling and stifled a giggle every now and then.  Knowing Spencer, he always gets what he wants..and right now he wants Cricket Hunt!

    Now here's the "catch" : Well, Cricket belongs to Ethan Moonsong! Yes, the boyfriend she had for ages?! Like, a loong, looooong time?! Yes, what a major bummer! Of course, Spencer was crestfallen! The way I see these two...they fit  like..CLICK! Well, a lot of cliche's  really.. like "can't tore his eyes from her"and  Spencer says and thinks a lot of cheesy , cheesy stuff? But, well, I tell you, it REALLY works for me! So, more swoons  and cheesiness ? BRING IT ON!!

    He can't have Cricket. Ahhhhhhh... the irony?! When he was used to get anything he wants.. but can't get the girl he desperately needs? It was Cricket who chases his nightmares away. Cricket was his "peace" . I love how Ms. Fisher made me grit my teeth and groan...and heave a sigh.. it was torture!  Why can't this two be together? When it is more than obvious, they are into each other?!

   Oh, I forgot, there's the boyfriend?! And there's more! Something is holding back Cricket. That, I can't tell you! You got to read this book then. I was taken by surprise when I found out. It was an "ARRRRRGHHHH!!!! Nooooooo!!!!!" moment for me.

   When the moment of truth was finally out, oh it's non stop  and it keeps  building up  .. I was catching my breath!  I was gripping on my e reader like a lifeline. please.. please.. I was begging...this can't be happening! When Spencer did that most selfless act in the world? It was on that very  moment I knew, Spencer was a changed man. ( the exact moment I fell for him! )

   Just when  my vision begun to blur... yes from streaming tears! Something happened. Something I am very grateful! Thank you, Ms. Amelie Fisher for keeping my heart intact! Now , I can sleep soundly with a smile on my face.

    So, fellow readers, go out and grab this book.. fast! Because:
1. You will swoon! ( 100 percent )
2.  Giggle! ( most of the time! )
3.  Almost Cry?! ( Uh-oh!)
4.  Fall really hard for Spencer Blackwell ! <----- the most selfless hero I've ever read! Yes.
5.  If it's from Ms. Amelie Fisher, then it's really, really good! <----- I love her!!
6. And many... many other reasons you might discover as soon as you have this book in your hands!


 I'm giving this book:

4 Swooniest , Greedy stars!









No comments:

Post a Comment