Monday, December 30, 2013

My Review: Just For Now by Abbi Glinnes

Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #4)                                  
From Goodreads:
The day Preston Drake figured out that wealthy women paid well for a set of tight abs and a pretty face his life turned around.

The run down rat-infested trailer he had shared with his alcoholic mother and three younger siblings was now only a place he visited to pay the bills and stock the pantry with food. 

He no longer worried about his family starving or living without electricity. The money he made entertaining rich older women more than covered his family’s needs and his own. He had it all figured out. Except…

There was this girl.

She was as innocent as he was tainted.

Amanda Hardy wished her knees didn’t get weak when Preston walked into a room. She hated the fact her heart raced when he flashed his smile in her direction. He had a different girl in his bed every night. He was the kind of boy a smart girl ran from. So, why was she coming up with ways to get close to him? Even when it was obvious he wanted to keep her at a distance.

Maybe her heart knew something the world didn’t. Maybe Preston Drake was more than just a pretty face.

               My Thoughts :

    Abbi Glines' boys should be illegal! Yes, I knew it even at the start, but it was further rectified after I read this book! My goodness! Ms. Glines can make any ...ALL of her boys...so..so irresistible!  Even Preston Drake? (The asshole...douchebag and someone any sane, good girl would stay away..stay really away if you are smart?! ) Bad boy. I want him. High-paid gigolo? Hmmm.. *thinks twice* BUT I still want him!

     You read it right. Preston doesn't do love...he screws girls..err, even older..rich older women for money! Well, he was well endowed in that department.. and it's his well-kept secret. Even his bestfriend Marcus Hardy does not know it. Did he really have  to do this? Yes if he has mouths to feed! He got 2 brothers ...a sister and a very irresponsible mother to take care of. Life makes it hard for Preston...living him with no choice.

    Amanda Hardy. Sweet, kind , innocent ...naive...and she was crushing hard for Preston! That Preston Drake? Yes the very one. Preston tried to ignore her . Because she is Marcus ( Yes! His best friend's little sister! ) and totally off limits! If Amanda was smart ( yes she was! ) she should stay away from him! But *sigh* she wasn't when she offered "herself" to a drunk Preston one night! She imagined her first to be magical and romantic but then, she was taken into some dark , empty storage room ..and viola! The deed was done! Preston did not even kissed her! That douche !!! So you can now see how I hate this guy at first?! You think that would make Amanda  change her mind and forget about him? No..and no...not even close! Unbelievable! What are you thinking, Amanda???? I was so close into not liking her..but then, she REALLY wants Preston! It was like puppy love gone wrong!

      What could be douche-er when I say, Preston doesn't remember about that night?! He thought it was a dream?! Phuuuuleeeesh! Now, I am about to smack his face to make him ..remember?! Ugh! So, after a few months , looks like that these two is going to bump into each other again?  When Markus ask Preston to be his best man. Which means, helloooo Amanda. And boy, did he notice Amanda's long, beautiful legs strutting in front of him!  He is a virile young man after all! Why, I'm not even surprised?!  

    But again, the word of the day : OFF LIMITS?!  resisting Amanda was hard but being an asshole would be much easier to him? So he tried to be all-mean to her. But did it stopped Amanda from getting near? No. Na-da!  That girl! Nothing and no one can ever stop her! arrghhh! Now , I am starting to get pissed off. *groans*

   I love how Ms. Glines made me feel these "feels" . Like I really want Preston to have his HEA...but then he's making it difficult  because he was insecure. Like he feels like he doesn't deserve Amanda...that he's not good for her..and so on and so forth. But when Amanda tries to moved on ...like even a friendly date with Jason Stone ( Jax Stone younger bro! ) , he'll go all jealous apeshit?! Arrgh! Men?! What's with that????And Preston? Stop making it complicated?!

“Nothing about this thing we have is a bad thing. I’m not gonna lie about it: I don’t deserve you. I’m sure as hell not good enough for you, but as long as you want me, I’m all yours.”

    I loved how the story goes. It was well written. It gave me a clearer picture of Preston. Why he is like that. And what makes 
him different from the Preston most knew. Preston cares deeply..and selfless to the ones he cared about. And he loved Amanda so much that he's afraid that he might lose her when she finds out his secret.

“I knew she was waiting on me to say them, but how could I? Did I want her? Yes. Did I need her to breathe? Yes. Could I imagine life without her? No. But could I be in love with her, truly in love with her, and deceive her at the same time? I wasn't sure. Love was honest. It was pure. I was neither of those things. So how could I love?”

“I had been scared to tell you I loved you because I couldn't believe that what I was feeling was love if I wasn't telling you the truth about me. I lied to you because I knew you’d leave me if you found out. I didn't want to lose you.”

    Awwww... Awwwww... lots of Awwwww! With those coming from Preston's sweet sexy mouth? I was melting into a puddle  of sweetness. Who would have thought that the playboy boy toy Preston would turn his life around and would do everything to be worthy of the sweet Amanda? Sigh. The things you would do for love. *dreamy sigh.*

   Overall, I loved everything about this book. There is enough of everything and never overdone. The swoons, the drama, the steams are all in the right , perfect mix! Love.Loved it!    

I'm giving this book:

4 Sweetest Dreamiest Stars!


     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment