Monday, December 23, 2013

My Review: While it Last By Abbi Glines

While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)      
From Goodreads:
Maybe driving home after a few (or more) shots of tequila had been a bad idea, but hell, he did it all the time. The cops had to have been freaking bored to have pulled him over. He wasn’t even swerving! That’s Cage York’s story and he’s sticking to it.

Unfortunately, his baseball coach isn’t buying it. Cage has a free ride to the local junior college for baseball -- or he did, until he’d gotten a DUI. Now, Cage has to decide: does he drop out and give up his dream of getting noticed by a college in the SEC, and possibly making it into the Major Leagues -- or does he give in to his coach’s demands and spend his summer baling hay?

Eva Brooks planned out her life step by step when she was eight years old. Not once over the years had she lost sight of her goals. Josh Beasley, her next door neighbor, had been the center of those goals. He’d been her first boyfriend at seven, her first kiss at ten, her first date at fifteen, and her first tragedy at eighteen. The moment she’d received the phone call from Josh’s mother saying he’d been killed along with four other soldiers just north of Baghdad, Eva’s carefully planned life imploded in the worst way possible.

Cage isn’t real happy with his closet-sized bedroom in the back of a foul smelling barn, or his daily interactions with cows, but he knows that if he doesn’t make his coach happy then he can kiss his scholarship goodbye. Only a sick and twisted man would decide his punishment was to be working on a farm all summer. No hot babes in bikinis waiting to meet a Southern boy to make her vacation complete. Just him and the damned cows.

Oh -- and an uptight, snarky brunette with the biggest blue eyes he’s every seen. But she doesn’t count, because as hard as he’s tried to charm her out of her panties - he’s pretty sure she’d rather see him hung from the rafters than let him get a taste of her pretty little lips.

                    My Thoughts:

    I  love...love...loved and always loved all the Abbi Glines' boys with all my heart , my BODY ( oh yeah specially my body..purrrssss! Haha! ) ...and soul! Yes! It was an ABSOLUTE love and adoration! I was amazed how these series was jam-packed with amazing stories...and REALLY really sexy characters! ( and I'm still at book 3?! )  .....and this thought just crossed my mind: Now I'm pretty sure what to ask Santa this Christmas... I've been both naughty and nice ...so I want ANY Abbi Glines' boys! Haha.

    Okay,  so moving on...

    I love the unique relationship both Cage and Low had in the previous book Because of Low . It's like two Cage in one person. Sure he was more of a serial douche playboy who doesn't know the word , commitment  as evidenced by the trail of pissed off ladies ( but clearly satisfied?! Hah! ) he leave ( more of  at his disposal?! ) girls behind?! I mean who could blame him? Look at Cage!! He is... he is... *me stammers?!*  a mouth-watering eye candy!! And of course, most girls wants a taste ( uh-oh!) of this bad boy! I so wanted to  post a picture of his body? ...But well, I decided to stick with only his face... to avoid distractions? ( Like, maybe having our.. errr, my eyes going south?! Whoops! *covers  my mouth!* Did I just said that?!Tsk. tsk. )

.....Ohhh! BUT Cage has a sweet side ! ( Oh I'm sure he's "literally" sweet all over! -Drools! Haha! ) When it comes to Low..He is beyond a true friend.With that I think, it balances the negatives with the positives? ... I'm sure , like me, you'll agree that Cage York deserves his own HEA!

     Well, this book started with Cage not so sweet at all.. I mean he got messed up and caught DUI  which  is a NO-no... and way irresponsible! So what's the consequence? Work in his coach's farm or he could kiss his baseball scholarship bye-bye?! So there isn't a choice?! Cage is bummed or doomed to be stuck in a farm in the company of hay and cows all summer long till he cleans up his act. This would mean like he'll be away from the "civilization'?! Like away from his legion of girls, maybe! Hah!

    But then... something.. someone just came into his wilderness... a girl with the clearest , bluest  and most beautiful eyes he has ever seen!

 

    Then there's Eva Brooks . Of course, Cage would be captivated .. because, duh! She is a girl... and gorgeous as well! But wait! She was not some kind of a  girl... the ones that will drop their panties at the sight of Cage's killer looks ( and Ehem! Body?! ) ! She even gave him the coldest stare when they first met! Yup, NO , absolutely no ( flirty ) smile for our Cage York!  And she was his coach's daughter? Off limits. And she wears an engagement ring? Double off limits.  So why bother when ... there are other girls ( practically throwing themselves?!) waiting in line for Cage?

    It would be wise to stay away from her. But Cage's reasoning has gone....south?! ( Uh-oh not that south.. well, maybe a little?! Because Cage is just being Cage?!) Well, he was incredibly drawn to Eva. ....because Eva was not really engaged?!  Why is that so? Ahh, long story ...you got to read it!

    Oh I just love their chemistry! It was sweet and hot combined. The combination was perfect ! How do you do it, Ms. Abbi Glines?!  Oh right, it's you and your very creative mind!  If I can spend a day inside one's mind, I would looove to be inside yours!

      It's no secret that I'm into some hardcore ..SWOONS! Yes,  I am! And this book offered a LOT of it! And its 90 percent HOT Swoons and 10 percent... well, SWEET swoons?! I love how Ms. Glines wrote the steamy scenes. Oh, if you think it's purely inside the bedroom.. think twice! Imagine: Cage York under the sweltering sun.. of course shirtless and running the cold , damp towel in his well sculpted body? I found myself between not breathing.. and breathing hard! Yes, that was one sight to behold! Again, Thank you Ms. Glines! I am  now fanning myself furiously! My goodness!

     Cage York is oozing with loads and loads of sex appeal! It was a given fact. I admit , I am not really into body ( nipple ) piercings ( seriously? Uhhm yes! ) but when I met Cage? I had a complete change of heart! Dangit! Those were REALLY sexy, Cage! And again, thank you, Ms Glines! 

     I love how the story goes. It has just the right amount of Arrrghhhh! moments when situations almost tore them apart? When there's lot of push and pull..Doubts and hesitations? And yes, insecurities! And surprise ..surprise?! Cage..the cocky, confident Cage?! For the first time felt like he is does not deserved the sweet Eva. And Eva? Is she ready to move on? To open her heart, despite all the odds? Oooooh! I sighed in frustration!  What can possibly be wrong when these two were perfect together?!  I was on the edge! Aaaaargh!!

     Just when I'm about to lose my mind.. ( Okay..that's ...I'm over reacting! Haha. ) good , swoony thing happened. It was .. WOW! and...AWWWWWW!!!! . I just loved it! Ms. Glines just know how to write that perfect moment... and it made me smile and my heart flutter. Loved it! 

      I'm giving this book:
4 Hot-Sweet Cage Stars!


 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment