Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Review : Real by Katy Evans

Real (Real, #1)                                       
From Goodreads:
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?
                  My Thoughts:

     Major , loudest, most extreme FANGIRLING ahead : Proceed with CAUTION!

    Squeeeeeeee!!!!! Screams!!!!! Jumps up and down!!!! Flails?! Faints?!!! .....*after a few minutes....gets up..a little dazed?! ....remembers Remington Tate...  Squeeeeeeee!!!!! Screams!!!!! Jumps up and down!!!! Flails?! Faints?!!! (  make this on repeat mode!) Yes, I was afhtghffrhtgjhkifldjhd ( incoherent words) about Remy! Translation : I was gjtgjdyndlsfglbufdyyt over Remy! <-----still no words?! Haha.

   I would like to thank my bff's power of persuasion for convincing me to finally read this book which, I admit was stuck in my library for ages. I can't forgive myself for not reading this sooner! I love, loved everything about this book. Well, that  "EVERYTHING" includes a lot of REMY in it !! hehe.

   I can gush about him all day ( and all night long?!) but I guess I have to get a hold of myself and do a "proper review" ( I don't even know what that means?! Haha)  for the benefit of those who haven't read/discovered this book yet. I am torn between sharing and keeping Remy for myself...(  I know, I know, possessive much?  and I never felt this way before! ) ---still, I have to share!


“My.

God.

Dimples.

Dark scruffy jaw.

Boyish smile. Man’s body.

Killer tan”

....and that's not all!

“He’s mesmerizingly perfect and incredibly hard. Everything, from his beautifully slim hips and narrow waist to his broad shoulders, is solid. And that six-pack. No. It’s an eight-pack. The sexy V of his obliques dips into his satin, navy blue shorts, which gently hug his powerful legs, thick with muscle. I can see his quads, traps, pecs, and biceps, all gloriously tight and cut. Celtic tattoos circle both of his arms, exactly where his bulging biceps and the rigid square deltoids of his shoulders meet.”
.... Me? Drooling! 

“I can see he thinks he’s the ultimate creation, and he seems to believe every woman here is his Eve, created from his ribcage for him to enjoy. I’m both aroused and infuriated, and this is the most confusing feeling I’ve ever felt in my life.”

.....I'll be your Eve, Remy!!! Gaaaah! *flails then faints! *  haha!

   Remington "Riptide" Tate was an "unbeatable" totally bad ass underground boxer. Wherever he goes the crowd follows. That "crowd" includes some serious girl fans  ( or more of a groupie if given a chance?! Hehe.) ...the crowd loves him. There is something really  raw about Remy, and if male perfection has a name? It would probably be named "Remy". I won't really blame this swooning, drooling herd of females to come flocking to his every fight. That's where she met the unsuspecting Brooke.

  Oh, their first meeting was.... WOW! It was electrically charged with something... something!  The moment their eyes locked? I felt it and it was powerful.... I even held my breath for a few seconds! That particular moment when Remy went to her... and ask her name..... I forgot my name, and I thought I was Brooke! Yes, it was intense.  Remy's deep , sexy voice? Made my insides melt! Seriously!
   
“He’s so close the scent of him tears through me like a shot of adrenaline.
“Your name,” he growls, panting, his eyes wild on mine.

“Uh, Brooke.”

“Brooke what?” he snaps out, his nostrils flaring.”

...It’s Brooke Dumas...

“And as I feel his tongue twist roughly around those two words, his voice sinfully dark, like things you crave to eat but really shouldn’t, desire swells between my legs. His eyes are hot and almost proprietary when he looks at me. I’ve never been stared at like this before.”

-----My Gawd! If you have not felt that intense, sexy as eff-fing  vibe, then what the hell is wrong with you?!! Oh! You felt it too?!!  I'm glad I'm not the only one! 

      I guess I don't have to explain how this book caught and keep my attention 101 percent! I can't get enough of  it! Seriously, Ms Evans?! Give me some Remy Tate Right now!

       Remy and Brooke were meant to be even at the start. The magnetic pull between them was undeniable. But what's keeping Remy from getting too intimate with Brooke? When Brooke was practically throwing herself over Remy?!  Remy's has been fighting his inner demon. This demon was making him fierce , uncontrollable , almost an animal which works to his advantage when he was fighting inside thar boxing  ring. But that demon also kept him from expressing what he truly  feels  inside. So how can he show Brooke how he really feels? Through music! ....and that's where the swoons begun!!

      Oh! I love , love it! I would have kissed Steve Jobs for inventing the iPod! And I would kiss Ms. Katy Evans for that idea! This book was loaded with a lot of really swoon worthy songs. When Remy played "Iris by the Goo goo dolls for Brooke, I got the shivers..and giggles?! Who would have thought that this toughie is also a softy?! Remy Tate, I love you more!!! .....When Brooke played Avril Lavigne's "I love you"... I swooned ...swooned big time! It was just perfect!

    So it seems perfect, but will Remy finally get Brooke's declaration? When he , himself was afraid to show the REAL Remy? It was heart breaking how he struggled... and fought for the only person he was most afraid to lose...Brooke.

" I want you like I've never wanted anything in my life. You're all I think about. I get high and low and it's all about you now, it's not even about me anymore and it's all because I want to be the fucking "one" for you and as soon as you realize what I am, all I'll be is a fucking mistake! "

"I want you, Brooke, for me. I can hurt you, I can do stupid shit, but I.." His stare galvanizes me. " I'm so fucking in love with you I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. "

  -----Hands down. Swoon. Swoon. Swoon!! I don't think I have to say more to convince you to go read this book.. like ... RIGHT NOW!  ...Read this right NOW!!!

                        I'm giving this book :
      5 AH----MAAAZING Swoontastic Stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment