Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Review: Song Of The Fireflies by J. A. Redmerski

Song of the Fireflies
From Goodreads:
Since they were kids, Elias Kline and Brayelle Bates have been inseparable. When Bray moves to South Carolina, separating the two for the first time, they both at last realize that their innocent childhood friendship has developed into something much more. So when Bray finally returns to Georgia—and to Elias—things between them couldn’t be more perfect…until one fateful night changes everything.

Desperate not to go to prison for a terrible accident, Elias and Bray decide to run. As they try to make the most of their freedom, the two find themselves relying on a rebellious group of people who tempt the duo into a wild and daring new life. But they can’t run from their troubles forever.

As the consequences of their past catch up to them, the couple must finally face reality. Even if they can make it through the unimaginable, Elias knows the truth about Bray’s painful history, and in the end he may not be able to save Bray from herself…

  ***ARC provided by publisher , Grand Central Forever via Netgalley for an honest review***

     I was more than ecstatic to have this Advance Review Copy finally on my hands! I was all smiles all day long!   No need to explain why?! Well, I will tell you anyways! ....Because...because J.A. Redmerski  is my favorite in the world!  I love, love everything she wrote! ( Special mention to The Edge of Never ---my all-time favorite!)

     I don't usually put a high expectation before reading a book ....but with this one? I. AM. EXPECTING. GREATNESS. And boy! I was NEVER disappointed!

    This book is...is..ashjgytkglkkdhddbh87df  ( beyond words!) Amazing! It was well written and has the" J. A. Redmerski"'s stamp all over it! I feel I was suck into the story the moment I open those pages... and I was sucked in even  more deeper as I get acquainted with Elias Kline and Brayelle Bates.

     It was well established from the beginning how special bond both  Elias and Bray shared even at their young age. I would say, that they are meant to be together right from the start. And I love those moments with them running around and chasing fireflies. I could clearly picture that one out in my mind. It made me smile ...and it soothing and ...the air innocence, tender love is there. There is really something special about Bray and Elias saw it right from the start. Bray was different, feisty, a little reckless...vulnerable but never wanted saving.. a little complicated...free spirited. No one made him feel like Bray does.

    And Bray feel the safest ...in Elias arms.  Bray loved Elias right from the start. It was mutual.

    So it was inevitable that  they will fall in love eventually? Yes it happened when Elias finally told Bray that he can't do this purely "best friends thing" anymore..but of course, even a little hesitant Bray finally agreed to take the next step. Why a little hesitant? When Elias is the ideal boyfriend in the whole world?! Yes he is!  He is kind, ever loyal, protective....and would do anything ...ANYTHING for Bray! Oh, do I have to reiterate that he looks super fine too?! Apparently, Bray doesn't do long term relationship. After two months , she left Elias and went away. I keep on asking why ? Why? What went wrong???

     The story ...and the drama ( lots and lots of it! ) begun when Bray returned... and told Elias she loves him. So, you think love is sweeter the second time around?  It was hotter! Like they are making up for all the lost time?! Boy ! I was wide eyed and in awe with those scenes! Those were steamy. steamy! And I love how Ms. Redmerski wrote it. It was loaded with passion-hotness-passion-hotness! Whew! Those Redmerski's boys are just... damn! those moves???? *fanning myself!* I was trying to catch my breath while reading those?!

     So what's next: A Happily Ever After?! Not so fast. And it looks like these two .. or maybe, Bray was a magnet for trouble ? A certain "accident" will bring them to a tangle of mess...and eventually to a road trip that will test their limits... and challenge how strong they are going to face this together? Or will they fall apart?

   In this road trip they encountered danger...and even meet a few people as messed up  or maybe more messed up as they are. And some surprisingly became  good friends. There's Tate, Caleb, Jen, Grace who have also their stories to  tell.  I also love to find Andrew and Camryn made their appearance. ( Andrew specially! )

    With the company of  new found mess up friends , trouble seems to follow. And Bray has her own demons  constantly threatening to resurface.   Can she fight it alone? If she share this with Elias, will he still love and accept her? Will those bracelets she wear hide her secret?

     I pity Bray. I know she was struggling but she felt helpless and she has a lot of moments of weakness. And I admire Elias. His perseverance and his impossibly selfless love for Bray was beyond... beyond anything . He even lay his life for Bray. He never gave up for Bray.  Yes. That intense. I loved him even more!

   Here's my favorite excerpt :

" I love you , Bray...
...I love you more than you will ever know...

..How is that? She asked in a quiet voice.

..Because I would do anything for you, I said . " You just don't realize yet what "anything" truly means. "

I love you, too, Elias. More than you could possibly know. "

How is that? I asked.
I felt her lips against my hair. Because I's never ask you to prove your 'anything' "


      The later ...about 80 percent of the book... I was not breathing! It was angst-intensified. I was like, Oh my god...Oh my god! Noooo!Of course, Ms. Redmerski  let me breathe... but just a few pages ?! Because just when I thought it was over....another "bomb"- like situation happened! My next reaction was Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! This can't be happening!!!  My heart  feels like it's about to get crushed...as I felt ...and taste my tears. It was a very heart breaking moment. I thought I can never recover.

     Have I recovered? I hate to keep you hanging.. but then I made a promise. No spoiler. So, you have to wait till this book was finally released ( This coming February! ) and see for yourself. One thing is for sure, it's gonna be one hell of a ride! So brace yourself  and  expect for another great one from Ms. J. A. Redmerski!


             I'm giving this book:
         5 Highly Gripping Stars!

 

 
   

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for that awesome review! I hope you'll post it on Amazon after it's released! :-) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billie! It's pub day for SONG OF THE FIREFLIES and you can post your review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Song-Fireflies-J-A-Redmerski-ebook/dp/B00E3DWAQM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

    Again, thanks for reading my books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! :) And I'm looking forward for more amazing books from you! :)

      Delete