Monday, February 17, 2014

My Review : Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine

Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)                                                
From Goodreads:
Pixie and Levi haven't spoken in nearly a year when they find themselves working―and living―at the same inn in the middle of nowhere. Once upon a time, they were childhood friends. But that was before everything went to hell. And now things are... awkward.

All they want to do is avoid each other, and their past, for as long as possible. But now that they're forced to share a bathroom, and therefore a shower, keeping their distance from one another becomes less difficult than keeping their hands off each other. Welcome to the hallway of awkward tension and sexual frustration, folks. Get comfy. It’s going to be a long summer.


                                    My Thoughts:

   After reading Ms. Chelsea Fine's The Archers of Avalon Series, I instantly fell in love with her books! The characters were all unforgettable and made me swoon big time! So, when my BFF informed me that  Ms. Fine has a new book...and it was offered as READ NOW from Netgalley, I was more than ecstatic!

    I love this book!  It  exceeded my expectations which was pretty high?! Hehe. After flipping just few pages, there... there's the signature "Chelsea Fine Swoony-ness"! Even the  banters between Levi and Pixie are swoony enough to make me giddy and keep asking for more! Oh, and Ms. Fine keeps giving me more! YES! *me doing the happy the dance right now*


     I love the way it was written. Almost 30 to 40 percent of the book, I keep on  wondering what happened between Pixie and Levi?  Why the awkwardness? And why oh  why do they have to repress their "feelings"  when it was plain as day  that they felt  really something special?! I was betting on , maybe an unrequited love? But as I moved along, one by one , piece by piece the truth was unfold.  Oh, my heart broke. How tormented these two after that single incident. I could not  imagine how they both carry that burden. And now I understood how they choose to fight than to talk about it.

    This was clearly an angsty story. It was supposed to crash / smash your heart. But I'm glad how the author put a balance on everything. Like there's a right amount of "Arrrgh I wanna pull my hair out" moments and some "gosh I am melting / swooning / smiling  right now  moments. I love love it!

    I have a lot of favorite moments . Pixie  and Levi's game of mischief? The one involving Levi's electric razor which resulted to half shaven-half scruffy face? That's super funny! I am giggling like a hyena! ( OH! Hyenas don't giggle?! ). Even the awkward staring showdown at the bathroom?  Oh, I forgot to mention, they share the same bathroom?! And no they don't live together, I mean not the together-together like... you know  what I mean? It's just they happen to work on the same Inn that offers them a free place to stay. Levi the handyman and Pixie works at the kitchen. That. Arrangement.  ...which means more bumping into each other...and more ...more somethings. Awkward. Awkward.

“Sexual tension is like a ruthless pigeon. Feed it once and it will follow you around forever. It never tires or goes on vacation. It just lingers.”




    There's no denying that they are drawn to each other. The attraction was very palpable. I can sense it...gosh ! If I can smell it, it was really there! But why are they putting on restraints? Arrrrrrgh! <---- Now that's one of the Arrgh moments!

  There is this  one moment I want to shook  these  two  really hard so that they'll realized that all they need to do was TALK about it?! As simple as that! But well, it seems like I'll be in this "torture zone for a while. Arrrgh! Oh, and they have to deal with this.... "pent up" , growing, undeniable "something" between them?!

    Ahhh.. when they finally do.. I am thanking the power shortage? Because ,in the dark... Levi and Pixie...?? Oh! Anything can possibly happen! And yes! Another favorite of mine: the oh-so-sexy "ankle massage"!! Believe me, I never looked at the ankle massage to be that... uhmm, stimulating! haha!  AND  the "shower scene" ? That shower scene?! Don't get me started! Imagine the fire alarm screaming?! Nope. Did not even  believed  it's a fire drill?!  Haha. Ms. Chelsea Fine, you...you're really "something" ! Love . Love it! I keep on mentioning "somethings", haven't I? "SOMETHING" means wonderful!!

           I love the ending. It involves  down pouring rain and Levi standing in the middle of the road. It was a perfect movie moment for me. ( I  admit I am a sucker for this "rain thing" ! ) I even shed a tear... and eventually smiled followed by a long Awwwwwwwwww!  Love. loved it.

     I can go on and on about the things that I love about this book, but I'll keep it down and well, NO SPOILERS of course! One way to find out, go grab this book once released. I am hundred percent sure you'll have your own favorite moment and somethings! Trust me.

             I'm giving this book:
4 wonderful "LEXIE" (Levi-Pixie) stars! 





No comments:

Post a Comment