Monday, February 10, 2014

My Review: Foreplay by Sophie Jordan

Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles, #1)      
From Goodreads:
  Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend’s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He’s the key to everything she’s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she’s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom—take a few pointers from someone who knows what he’s doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also dangerous, deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what’s real…                         

            My Thoughts:


     The characters are lovable. Pepper is just sweet and a darling. Innocence was clearly written all over her. Despite of her not so stellar childhood, with a mother who abandoned her, she was still lucky enough to have  good friends who treated  her like family.

    Pepper had a clear goal in mind : Make Hunter,  her long time crush to finally notice her as "girlfriend-worthy" not just his younger sister's  best friend.  It would be easier if Pepper know the "moves"?  The only problem  : on the scale of 1 to 10 on The art of seduction , our Pepper will probably score a 0.5?! Yes! That low! Super fail!  She needs intervention, ASAP! So, with the help of her brilliant friends,  ( I love them! ) they made a plan : Pepper's crash course to The Art of Seduction?! ...haha, or to put it lightly  teach Pepper , Foreplay! And what's the easiest way to learn it? HANDS-ON TRAINING! ....and who got these great, wonderful  hands ( with a body of sin?! hawt!) ??

      Enter Reece "the uber sexy, stroke-worthy bartender", who happens to be the one who rescued  her when her car broke down.....and who happens to be good in fixing things ( a handy man! )....and ( yes! a lot of "and'!) who happens to be really good with kids?! Oh, I can go on and on ...and enumerate those other "things" he is good at!  ( I know, I know your mind is really going somewhere right now?! Hah! ). Test subject : Locked. Now, the only problem was, how can Pepper get him to teach her?

    Of course he noticed the "good Girl" green light flashing on Pepper's forehead like a neon sign!Oh I love Pepper's efforts to get noticed! It was cute , funny...and totally effortless?! Haha! No wonder this "elusive" eye candy was drawn to her charm!

     I love the chemistry between these two! Okay, I think Hunter was also good for Pepper...but Reece was perfect for her! And you can see  and feel that there is really something going on during their...uhhmmnn.."private lessons"!
“Take off your clothes.” The request was anything but casual, and yet he uttered it as though he were asking me to pass the salt.
An odd strangled sound rose up in my throat. I fought it, pushed it back down, and tried for speech that sounded halfway normal. “What?”

“Swallowing, I asked, “Isn’t that kind of skipping foreplay and getting right to it?”
“I’m the one with the experience. Are you going to trust me?”

Gosh, if anyone can teach foreplay sooooo well?! Reece would always be my guy! No wonder Pepper seems to be "affected" with those..uhmm, lessons? There's no denying how her body reacts..to his kisses, to his touch?

What did one say after her first orgasm? Can I have another, please?”

     Oh. My. Gawd. Foreplay = Orgasm?!  The hottest lesson I've ever read! I can't even control my blushes! Yes! "Blushes", like in plural form?! 

    And when she finally get to know the "real" Reece ...and Hunter starting  to "noticed" her , everything gets complicated. Ahhhh.. now choose, Pepper! Choose, wisely ,girl!

   Well, if you ask me, I'll definitely choose......of course Reece?! But how about our sweet Pepper?If you want to find out... you gotta read this book  ! I promise you there's no angst ( you can let your heart relax!) , there will a lot of feel good moments ( and bonus hot moments in between?!) that will surely make you feel giddy, feverish?! ( oh yeah! ) light headed...and grin like a sixteen year old girl!











I'm giving this book:
4 Sweet -Giddy-Hot as Reece Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment