Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Review : Waiting on You by Kristan Higgins

Waiting On You (Blue Heron, #3)
From Goodreads:
Colleen O'Rourke is in love with love... just not when it comes to herself. Most nights, she can be found behind the bar at the Manningsport, New York, tavern she owns with her twin brother, doling out romantic advice to the lovelorn, mixing martinis and staying more or less happily single. See, ten years ago, Lucas Campbell, her first love, broke her heart... an experience Colleen doesn't want to have again, thanks. Since then, she's been happy with a fling here and there, some elite-level flirting and playing matchmaker to her friends.

But a family emergency has brought Lucas back to town, handsome as ever and still the only man who's ever been able to crack her defenses. Seems like maybe they've got some unfinished business waiting for them—but to find out, Colleen has to let her guard down, or risk losing a second chance with the only man she's ever loved.


***ARC provided by Harlequin thru Netgalley for an honest review***

                      My thoughts :

     Heartfelt laughter. Endless giddiness. Limitless swooning. These are just few emotions I've experience while reading this book!  My second book from Ms. Kristan Higgins and this lady became an instant favorite!

      She can write and literally put humor in ever single page! I remember having this very huge grin plastered on my face even if I already put down the book. I even chuckle and ( almost ) choke on my coffee when I remember those funny scenes! Yes, that one with Paulie and Bryce?! Cracked me up! ( really bad! ) The people around me thought I was going nuts because I suddenly burst out laughing ( really loud!). Oh, Paulie and Bryce are only the secondary characters! I've not even started with Colleen and Lucas yet! Boy! Ms. Higgins can write really well! 

      I love all the characters. There is something in each one of them really endearing that will tickle your heart in the most wonderful way. And who would'nt love the heroine, Colleen who's  off charts funny, beautiful and a well-liked bartender in Manningsport? She was a sweetheart. All the ladies looked up at her ( with her love advices and foolproof matchmaking skill?! )  and  all the guys want her! ( pretty, funny, smart! ) ....and she had a twin brother named Connor , ladies!  Yeah! A male version of Colleen! Lucky us?! *grins!*



   But Colleen here, had only had her eyes ( and her heart!) wrapped around that  pirate-Spaniard boy who also happens to be her first love ....and who also left her and married another woman?! Yes, that sucked big time. Yes, the culprit, the fallen angel ( Colleen's words! But it works everytime! ) Lucas Damien Campbell left a unfillable , endless hole inside Colleen's heart. She never gotten over that guy. Ever.  Who would  ever forget the guy who gave you all the wonderful firsts in the world?! And no, you don't just forget your first love?! Specially if he's looking something like this: ( yup! It must be the Spaniard thing? One word: Delicious! Haha! ) I Catholic sighed for this guy countless times! Oh! Wait? What exactly is a Catholic sigh?!  Haha!



     Well, well, I don't blame you at all, Colleen! Tsk. Tsk. Must be realllly hard, girl! And what could be more harder when after 10 years, this Prince of darkness came barging into Colleen's sleepy town... And divorced ?! Imagine, the unrequited love.....and more passion?! Can Colleen hold on ?! Really hold on when all of her insides screams rip off ! Shred?! ( haha!) all Lucas clothes and jumped over him like a mad dog?!  But, hey..hey! Wait ..wait? Lucas did hurt her, right? 

      When Lucas'  Uncle Jack requested him to take care for a few things before he dies, he had no choice but to go back to Manningsport and the same time face  Colleen. Old feelings die hard...or shall I say, it never died? The moment he saw her...one thing seems sure, Colleen was his "Mia". Btw, I love the way he called her "Mia" which also means mine?! Awwwww.... This alpha-thingy? Always works wonder to  me! Lucas, I wanna be your Mia!!! 

       I just love how the author slowly build up the story. How she inserts what happened 10 years ago right in between the present day. It was smoothly written and blends well. It speaks of a deep, passionate, young love put into the test. And because they are young, mistakes ...and not so good decisions were made which ended with both apart. And now, 10 years older..and 10 years wiser? Both Lucas and Colleen have to make a decision. Make it or break it.

      Oh I love those "little" interactions between these two! The flirtations...which is not very subtle( at all) ?! Made me very giddy! And I love when Colleen incessantly blabbling around Lucas! My! This girl can really talk! Just adorable!  The funny moments ? Just hilarious!  A lot of LOL just keep on coming! I just love, loved it! Ms. Higgins, you are a genius! 

      The ending was just perfect! It was my kind of ending. That was a movie moment! I got teary eyed and swooned big time! 

"....And there he was, Lucas Damien Campbell, smilling at her . The boy she'd loved from the second she saw him, the man she waited for her whole life, the only one for her, and the sun was shining, and she was laughing, and all was right with the world."

" Colleen...the only thing that's ever really been mine is you."

       Me? I swooned....flail ( Catholic sighed) ..melted( Catholic sighed again?!) ..and felt wonderfully elated!   You want to feel all these? You don't need to look far.. Go grab this book, quick! Release date: March 25, 2014.  Promise, this one's a winner! 


                   I'm giving this book:
             5 funny romantic Stars!




      

No comments:

Post a Comment