Friday, May 9, 2014

My Review : Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend Quartet, #2)
From Goodreads:
Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.


                              My Thoughts:

    My heart screams, "I LOVE YOU DREW CALLAHAN" with all my heart and soul!  I've been consistently fangirling from the first book  One Week Girlfriend up to this book. ( And I still do, even after I finished reading it! ) Loved everything about it ...EXCEPT.. Yes! There's an EXCEPTION?! ( unbelievable! ) ...EXCEPT the EPIC book hangover and separation anxiety  I've experienced after the last page! Drew, Drew, Drew.... it's your fault!  So, what would I do to make you come running back to me? MARSHMALLOW!!


    As always, I love how it was written.  It  made me forget that I was a mere reader, instead I found myself inside the story... inside Fable and Drew's lives. Oh , the dual POV's was amazing. My favorite was , of course inside Drew's mind. ( A sexy body and a much sexier mind! The things running on this guy's head? Totally would-make-you-melt! )

    Drew , though how much he tried to be tough, he was still harboring the torments and guilt because of  the B@tch / Psycho / Stepmom has just revealed. Oh I really HATE and DESPISED his Evil-incarnate stepmom! How could she do that?? Mentally and emotionally torturing Drew with her lies???? This eff up situation was messing everything in his life, including his budding relationship with Fable.  Oh, Fable has issues of her own too! With a super irresponsible mom and a brother ( Oh! I loved Owen! ) she has to take care, Fable has a full plate in her hands. Can they make it through together?

   I love the angst, but I also love how both Drew and Fable complemented each other. When Drew needs the saving, Fable was there and same thing with Fable. It only takes one word.. "Marshmallow" , their lifeline.. and they come running towards each other. *Le Swoon!*

"Her name. Fable. A story. A myth. A fairy tale. She’s my story. I want to live and breathe and die for her and she has no idea how much she consumes my thoughts. To the point I think of nothing else”

    Drew and Fable are meant to be, it's a fact. I swooned in all the things they did, even the steamy ones. That was the essence of making love, there was a connection... there was healing.  And Drew? The things he did for love, why, Fable just brought out the inner romantic poet in him! And he permanently ink that in his skin! I LOOOOOOVE DREWWWWW!

“We’re going to make this happen, Fable. You and me.” I kiss her forehead. “Together.”
“Together,” she agrees.
Forever.”

    I love the ending. It was the HEA I've always wanted. I got teary eyed...and I smiled. Clearly , Drew and Fable together? Everything will fall into place. LOVE, LOVE. LOVED!

           I'm giving this book:

        5 Sweetest Marshmallows!


No comments:

Post a Comment