Saturday, May 10, 2014

My Review: Unravel by Calia Read

Unravel
From Goodreads:
Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine. 

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward. 

Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind. 

Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help. 

A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past. 

And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me. 

Do you believe me?


                  My Thoughts:


        Ahhhhh.. have no words to describe what I felt after reading this book! This was unlike the books I have ever read.  This book is a total  mindfuck! ( Oh, and I learned a new word today! Whoopsie!)

       Mindfuck : adj. meaning: To experience a situation which calls into question the way your  mind is currently sees a certain idea  or the world in general. Such an experience usually leaves a person stunned / speechless  while he or she begins wrapping his or her mind  around the new idea. ( source: Urban Dictionary )

      Every word true. I was stunned. Speechless. I blinked few times and asked myself, "What has just happened?"  I've been tricked, big time! Wow! Ms. Calia Read , you are soooo good!

      This was my first book from Ms. Calia Read and I would say that this will NOT be the last one. Such an amazing author!  The angst between the pages ...BRUTAL! But surprise , SURPRISE! I loooove it!

     I love how how I was pulled into the story from the beginning ....up to the last page. Going inside Naomi's mind is like walking inside an unknown, long , dark tunnel .. you'll never know  what's waiting for you at the end... or if there's really an end? Or you could be trapped forever.  Everything is uncertain.With what Naomi's been going through , I felt two conflicting feelings : Dread , like everything slowly, painfully cascading into doom  and  Fight back. I want Naomi's to be strong ....free from the prison she built around herself.  It's never been easy for Naomi to go back to that reality...but I felt how she fought ...she fought hard for  normalcy , for the life that she wants and for the person she truly wants to be. Can she make it?  Or will she let the real Naomi slowly fade away?

" When a person is lucky enough to live inside a story, to live inside an imaginary world , the pains of this world disappears. For as long as the story goes on, reality no longer exist. " ( Paul Auster)


      There's just so many "feels" about this book. My  mind was swimming with a lot of questions. What / who  was real and who's not? I was more than halfway through the book ...but my questions were left unanswered! Did I gave up? No, not now and not ever. I was totally into it. It was at the end, that everything came crashing . .. and everything made sense. About Max...about Lana .. about Lachlan ( Oh , I loved him! ) ..and the truth of what really happened to Naomi. Everything made sense. I got goosebumps.  I was astound.

     " Everything that we've been through makes me realize that love is about finding the right person in this cold , oppressive world that loves all the wrong things about you. Everything you try to hide, they accept. And I know he accepts me. "

     " Lachlan stands up and hold his hand. you ready to go home? I nod and take his hand. "


        Ms. Calia Read, thank you for this  Beautiful...powerful story!  Love. Loved it!

           I'm giving this book:
      5 Mind blowing Amazing Stars!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment