Thursday, May 22, 2014

My Review : World After by Susan Ee

World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
Goodreads:    
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?

                 My Thoughts:

Here's the  truth about  me making a review : I struggle when I'm reviewing a VERY good ..meaning , amazing book! I feel like  my words doesn't stand up for what I exactly felt with the story . The closest phrase  I could come of ...is  something  more like this  : This book was agffhtkigkdhdytjkhlh;h;h!  <------ Yes! If it's really good then, I have no words! Hah!

    So this book? Ahgkkdhklifjthfhhfd!  Translation: REALLY, REALLY GOOD! World After literally picked up  where Angelfall ended.... and the non stop , heart stopping  action continues! I was all glued up to the story that I never noticed the time moving . ( I finished the  entire book in a day!)

     Penryn was still my favorite kick- ass heroine! I can't think of any flaw for this girl. Even her being drawn to danger all the time doesn't count as a flaw! Because she did all of that , selflessly! My heart crushed when she finally had her  little sister Paige back. ..only Paige's turned into something . I was appalled , how could anybody turned a helpless little girl into something close to a monster?! People are even afraid to go near her.
 Poor , poor Paige  having to deal with that torture?

 
   I  love how the story goes on. It was fast paced and I found myself truly appreciating every written page. There plenty of movie moments in it! And yes! most of it would take your breath away! I got a few favorites but I won't try to get into details so to avoid the spoilers.

  Movie moment number one :  Raffe with Penryn in his arms ...fighting off the hostile angels , air above them and freezing waters below them?! It was WOOOOOOW!!! I mean, car chases in action movies excite me, but this one? INCREDIBLE! Of course, our girl Penryn always got her badass moves at perfect timing! I LOOOOVE it!

  Movie moment number two : Penryn being warmed up inside Raffe's demon wings?! Ahhhhhh! You can call me a  hopeless romantic....but there's nothing more romantic  being  under Raffe's wings  on a cold, chilly evening?! Ahhh.. I am indeed hopeless!

  I won't miss to mention that there are LOT of funny snarks between these too! I LOOOVE all of them. I chuckled and laugh all the time. I admire that despite the danger  and desperate situation, their sense of humor  was always at its  finest!

“You’re cute when you’re afraid.”
I give him a dirty look. “Yeah, you’re cute when you’re afraid too.”
He actually bursts out laughing. “You mean I’m devastatingly handsome when I’m not afraid. Because you’ve never seen me afraid.”
“I said you were cute, not ‘devastatingly handsome.”

"Don't talk. You'll spoil my fantasy of rescuing an innocent damsel in distress as soon as you open your mouth"

   Movie moment number three : Penryn holding Pooky Bear in a real battle against the strongest enemy!  Yes! She named Raffe's sword Pooky Bear!!! *chuckles* What happens next? Gave me the chills and goosebumps of my life! Again, INCREDIBLE!! I couldn't be more proud of Pooky Bear and Penryn! 


     Yes! There's sooooo much to love!!  Even that cliffy ending did not bother me at all.... Uh Wait! I should be bothered..because I have to wait for 2015 for the next book in series!!! 2015... make days go fast! Looking forward for more Rafryn ( Yes! Raffe and Penryn! ) , I wish the soonest!!!  
   
   
                 I'm giving this book:
                  5 Incredible Pooky Stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment