Thursday, June 26, 2014

My review : Awaken by Nina Lane

Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)  
From Goodreads:
“I love that you love me, professor.”

“I love loving you, beauty.”


Since their intense, passionate beginning, Professor Dean West and his wife Olivia have fought dark secrets and betrayal in order to save their marriage. Now reeling in the aftermath of a personal tragedy, Liv and Dean are driven further apart by a vindictive threat to Dean’s career.

Struggling to stand on her own for the first time in years, Liv is determined to defend her husband and prove herself. Then an unexpected letter dredges up old insecurities and endangers Liv’s newfound independence. As Dean fights for his professional life, he is forced to confront his worst fear when he discovers that he can’t protect his beloved wife from her own painful past.
                       
                 My Thoughts:

  If I can give 6 stars instead of  5 for this book, I definitely will! I loooooooooove the entire series! I gave 5 stars for both "Arouse" and "Allure", so it's only fitting if I gave a higher rating for the final book? I can't ...and won't stop singing my praises for the amazing Ms. Nina Lane!

     It was rare to find a series that can maintain that "wow" factor up to the end.  I feel super lucky to discover Ms. Lane's wonderful work!

    "Awaken" was  the perfect way to end this series. Though, I really don't want this series to end, EVER! I even read EXTRA slower this time...because...because I don't know how to deal with that serious book hangover ahead?! But, well, all good , perfect things are meant to end at some point of time... so, sigh. I know,I know... all I can do for now is to SIGH.

    The road to marital bliss has never been easy for both Dean and Liv.  Bumps and obstacles were always along the way threatening the strength of their bond. With Dean's career and reputation  on the edge, and Liv's  Mom's sudden reappearance ,I was more afraid how both of them will handle it. Or if Dean ever allowed Liv to handle it herself?  I was left holding my breath most of the time!

    Dean's fierce protectiveness to Liv was beyond astonishing! You  can call him alpha male, caveman or however you want it, but me?  I would simply call Dean, "the love of my life" ! *giggles*  Oh, and the things Professor Hottie can do?! Ooooh.. fangirling starts now! Dean... Dean West can make me shiver and  feel  a lot of things I haven't felt before?! Ahhhhhhhhh! Yes!!!!!!!!! That intense!! I  LUSTED ( eeep!! ) ....errr,  love every single moment with Professor Dean West on it! For those who already read the previous books, you know EXACTLY what I mean...

Dean:

" I'm at your feet forever , Olivia Rose" I whispered the instant before our lips met. "I'll move heaven and earth to give you whatever you want  , whatever you need. "

Me to Dean : 
Move heaven and earth?! Well, Dean...

Dean:

"It's so easy to be with her, my lusty fairy ,my beautiful wife,. Wanting her is like breathing. Needing her was in my blood, And loving her will always be the beat of my heart. "

Me : 
Lusty fairy?!! Oh. Em. Gee!!!


Dean:

" I want to grab her and shove her  up against the nearest wall.  Rip her clothes off and fuck her  until the earth trembles and the stars explode .Until the universe shatters ."

Me: 
*stares at Dean  seductively*  Do. It. Now. Professor... shatter my universe! Hah!

     Okay. Professor Dean West is just.... Y-U-M!  Point taken.

     My once criteria for my ideal guy  was  as simple as "just a good guy" . ..but what happened after I finished reading the entire series? I was completely ruined! Yes! Now I want someone EXACTLY like Dean! And I HATE the feeling that  I know there will be NO Dean West out there. *sobs*  Dean..Dean..Dean... *sobs again and again*

    I also love how Liv's character grew up.  The once afraid / shy Liv has finally blossomed into a fierce, strong willed woman . The once damsel in distress is now fighting beside her white knight. Liv and Dean together against anything in this world, nothing can ever defeat them. I loved that moment.

“We lift our left hands at the same time and place our palms together. Our wedding bands click softly as we entwine our fingers.
“You and me, professor.”
“You and me, beauty.

     Overall, I really love where the story went... Pointing  to that  wonderful place ...a place both Dean and Liv  calls home...in each others arms.  Best ending ever! I got goosebumps ....then happy tears.

“My husband and I will always be two people living one life of perfect imperfection. We’ll always live here, in the place of Liv and Dean, where problems are solved and locks are opened”


            I'm giving this book:

            5 Bliss - filled stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment