Monday, July 21, 2014

My Review ; Lola and the Boy next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)
From Goodreads :
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.

               My Thoughts:


I SHIP Cricket Bell and Lola Nolan !!!  I really do! I really do!  I'm sorry Etienne St. Clair...I love you ( and your accent...specially your accent! haha ) ..but, so sorry my love, I think I love Cricket Bell more! .....AND I love Ms. Stephanie Perkins the MOST!

Once again, Ms. Perkins amazed me ! I never thought I could swooned more than I already swooned from her first book "Anna and the French kiss". Believe me, I DID a lot of heavy swooning and fangirling there ( Over Etienne!)?! Hah!

Lola and Cricket's story took me back in time where  all my "firsts"  happened . The butterflies-in-my-stomach-giddy...   first puppy love...  the thrill of that "one perfect kiss"...and yes, even my first heartbreak ( that feels end of the world?!) ...all these I felt  , reading this book. It was one BIG  wonderful feeling Ms. Perkins have captured and put into words. I Just LOVED it!

Loved all the characters , even the snotty Calliope  seems bearable? ( all because she's Cricket Bell's pesky twin sister! ) haha! Lola Nolan, I love her ..eccentric  uhm taste in fashion! I imagine, sparkles and burst of color everywhere! I adore her Dads too. I think they are the coolest and funniest parents to have! .....And Cricket Bell.... Cricket Bell... Cricket Bell.... in three.. two...ONE.... fangirling starts NOW!


Yes. Cricket Bell might look like a Geek / Nerd / Mad scientist?! ..and his fashion sense seems.... a little bit peculiar?! well, Lola clearly loves it! ( and noticed others things to LOVE about Cricket too?!)

 There's really something so endearing about this boy next door that makes me wanna give him a hug  and a kiss! Yes I do! And Lola surely wants too!...But...wait , wait...? Lola has Max ?! Max , as in ...her twenty two year old  rock star boyfriend?! Who she thinks is "the one"? ... Well, not when the "other one" came back? That dreaded day when the Bells return to  their home next door... Running into Cricket...Lola was once again confronted with that long buried ..what? hurt? ...of their friendship ? their unrequited love???? How would she deal with it?

Dealing with that boy next door was never been easy. Sure, Lola thinks of having her somewhat revenge? Because she has this hot rockstar boyfriend to show off!!!! ( who turned out to be a douche? Ugh! ) But her traitorous heart was not helping. Cricket has that "effect"on her she can't just ignore. I love, love those awkward encounters! It was funny , I laugh out loud and swoony??! Yes! Me . Swooning hard!

“What do you say to someone who is not the same and yet completely the same?”

 It was SOOOO clear they are STILL crazy about each other! No need to ask the MOON , Lola!!!! Phuuuuleeeesh!!!! Though, I admit that  "moon thing" was just toooo cute to go unnoticed. Watch out for that scene! It's perfect!  * dreamy sigh*


Overall, I love LOve everything about it.  Specially the ending! Specially that ending!!!!

“So do you believe in second chances?" I bite my lip.
"Second, third, fourth. Whatever it takes. However long it takes. If the person is right," he adds.
"If the person is... Lola?"
This time, he holds my gaze. "Only if the other person is Cricket.” 



Do I need say more?!!  Go. Read.This.Book.NOW!


           I'm giving this book:
        5 I-love-you Cricket stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment