Saturday, December 6, 2014

Book Review : Easy Virtue by Mia Asher

Easy Virtue (Virtue, #1)
From Goodreads:

Love is selfish...

My name is Blaire.
I'm the bad girl.
The other woman.
The one who never gets the guy in the end.

I'm the gold digger.
The bitch.
The one no one roots for.
The one you love to hate.

I hate myself too...

Everyone has a story. Are you ready for mine?
    
                 My Thoughts:


     Okay...

    Deep breaths...

    Very deep breaths...

    One.. Two..three.. Inhale . Exhale. *slowly gathering my wits..and sanity?!*

    My gawd. Where do I even start? This.. This book... no words-WOW! I loved Arsen so much that when I heard Mia Asher's going to release another book? I squeeee!!! Plus that VERY engaging teasers?! Myyyy ohhh myyyy! I counted the days till release date!

     I know and I'm sure this one's going to be EPIC!  Guess I am never wrong, because Easy Virtue was very good.

       The blurb clearly described  Blaire White ,  a woman to loathe for ...but I'd say after reading  this book? That I don't despised Blaire, I feel sorry for her.  The way she viewed love ( if she ever believed such a thing? ) was just sad. Well, blame it on  the childhood she had and the way her parents treated her. She thought love can hurt her, so she shut it out and associate everything with material possession. Blaire became the "material girl" .. the social butterfly . Men can have her , use her however they wanted  ...IF they can afford her! Sounds like a .... you get what I mean? Oh she  knoooows it ... she walks , she talks and thinks that way.



“I’m Blaire White after all.

I don’t wallow.
I don’t cry.
I move on.
I forget.
I discard … or get discarded.
I’m a survivor.
I’m resilient.

I will always have the last say in what goes on in my life. I’ve gone through too much not to. And if that means maybe getting involved with someone who is actually willing to pay me to sleep with him at the expense of feelings, so be it.

I don’t care.”


Until she met both Ronan and Lawrence.... Both guys  that  each sides of her wanted. Part of her, the "good  Blaire " , the one she was trying to suppressed,  wants  that  chance to a simple , pure happiness...a chance to love. Ronan made her feel much.   Like a coward ... she ran.


Then  there's Lawrence and his millions of dollars...  Can the other side of her,  the " selfish Blaire" ever resist this?  Can she ever deny that magnetic pull?   With the  seduction of glitz ... glamour  and all the worldly things  within her reach, she was enslaved. After all, She. Is. Blaire.


Call it a love triangle , but can Blaire really choose?  Between Ronan owning  her heart and  Lawrence owning   her body?  Tough. Choice.


    I love how this was written. Yes, so many feels . Yes , angsty.  And yes! yes! Sexy times! You, Mia  really knows how make me blush?! Don't forget the way you described everything?! Boom , boom , pooooowwww!!!! Well, why  am  I even surprised? I've been expecting that, and boy! you did not  disappoint me!


I am definitely rooting for Ronan but then after that " Lawrence POV " , hmmm, well, my loyalty was quite stirred. There was really something going on, right there!

So, this is getting interesting! I am getting all warmed up... Wide eyed and totally focused , so flip, flip pages .... UNTIL....




  Hooolllyyy ...whhh-aaaat?!!! No.no.no..noooooo! *tries... desperately tries to flip...flip..the pages of my e reader..* Nooooo! Noooo more?!! Whaaaat in the name of all things unholy are you trying to do to me, Ms. Mia Asher?! What have I done to deserve  this kind of punishment?!!! Why me??? Why?! Why?! Whhhhy?!! 


Wait.. Wwwwwaittttt! This  is not standalone?!

   My. Gawd. This is why it is REALLY important to do research , people! Research! Research!  Hah! Research my arse!  Hee hee!  There's no research -research when it comes to Mia Asher. Her books ?  Insta-buy , insta-clicked ! Forget about going through that ... Argggh ! Cringe-worthy cliffy?! After all, I am a glutton for punishment when it comes to Mia Asher books.


  Love. Loved this book. Though, I hate ...  hate that epilogue!  But, hey Mia! I love. love . love you! Just don't prolong my agony please?  Hurry, hurry, write , write.. write!  Need that sequel , ASAP!



                I'm giving this book:

         5 Wowwwwwww -wooow Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment