Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Review : Sins of Sevin by Penelope Ward

Sins of Sevin


From Goodreads:

What happens when the one you want is the only one you can’t have?

My name is Sevin.

Homeschooled and sheltered by my ultra-religious family, I was always taught that lust was a sin.

Elle was the girl who’d been carefully chosen for me.

After a long-distance courtship, I’d be moving into her family’s guesthouse so that we could get to know each other in the months before the wedding.

Boundaries were set: no inappropriate touching, no kissing, no sex before marriage.

I’d accepted those rules and my fate.

Until I met the one I wanted to sin with.

That was when restraint became a problem…especially since THE ONE wasn’t Elle.

It was her sister, Evangeline.

You know what they say about best laid plans.

My name is Sevin, and I have sinned.


            

                  My Thoughts:


Blink. Blink. Blink. That's what my cursor has been doing for the past many minutes. Oh, it's not only my cursor but  also my mind. Yes, a blinking, blank mind. That happens to me every time and after I  read a very, very good book!

This book was just wow! It was more than amazing! I feel that I was taken over by countless emotions! So many feels and I can't believe that my poor heart  survived it.

Sevin and Evangeline's story was  a roller coaster ride . Every single factor was against them. Oh, you think because theirs was forbidden? Because Sevin was engaged or should I say arranged to be married to Evangeline's sister? I know, it sounds wrong but... How can it be forbidden when even from the beginning , the connection between them feels so right?

THAT is where all the ANGST begun...

I, myself want to process everything. What's right and what's not? I mean, look at them? They are MTB  ( Meant To Be! ) BUT, yes there will always be that antagonistic BUT!! Arghhhhh!!! Why? Why? Why? Whyyyyyyy?????? Even the situation they are in was not in their favor. Not even a single one! Argh! I feel that my chest was going to explode! I can't imagine  facing that bleakness and to be left with no other choice?? It just isn't fair!!

 BUT...

AND...

Okay..I got to calm all these feelings down and get a hold of myself  before I drown my review with all these emotional GIF's!

Well, the truth was, no matter how emotional wrecked this book has made me , I still find myself clinging unto it instead of almost throwing my e reader against the wall! Yes! 3/4 ( yes more than half!) of the book was just TOO MUCH! Like my hope for a happy ending looks like fading and fading as I move on each page??? Would I still continue? I asked myself  again and again ! Good thing , I did because what happens next...


AND ....

  What a wonderful way to end a story, Ms. Penelope Ward. Everything was just perfect ! Thank you for Sevin, for Evangeline...and of course, for Rose. *insert happy tears here*


                              My Rating :

                       ***** 5 STARS****

No comments:

Post a Comment